We're all so much more than a few sentences or paragraphs or photographs, and what you would notice or remember about me or find important if you met me might be completely different than anything I write about me. With that disclaimer, here are some random, disconnected thoughts about me:
1. I like to be out in nature.
2. I'm pretty down-to-earth; people often tell me I'm "real".
3. I was raised Jewish, but don't participate in an organized religion at this point. I respect everyone's right to practice the religion of their choice, however, if you're a regular church-goer, we probably won't have enough in common to have more than a friendship.
4. This is also true if you're politically conservative. If you're socially conservative, please don't contact me. Seriously.
5. I like urban culture including museums, theater, eating out, and live music but am more likely to seek out space near a river or in the woods.
6. I am also frequently a homebody, snuggled on the couch with a book, a dog and a cat. (Looking to add another person to the couch.)
7. Yes, the dog gets on the furniture. That's not going to change, but humans do get priority seating. Kind of.
8. I think having compassion is important to having a happy life. (Compassion does not mean pity or enabling.)
9. I spend a lot of time alone, but my close friends and family are very important to me. Couldn't get through life without them.
10. I like doing volunteer work and currently volunteer at the Cosumnes River Preserve, the Crocker, and for the Front Street Shelter -- the City of Sacramento's animal shelter. Animals are important to me: the tamer side of my bucket list includes visiting/volunteering at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah.
11. I can be extremely opinionated and stubborn.
12. I can usually admit when I'm wrong, although it can sometimes take me a little while to realize I was wrong.
13. I can be overly analytical but am more likely to laugh or make jokes than be too serious. (Which gets me in trouble at times.)
14. My clutter and messiness can get kind of bad before I notice it, but if you need me to move my stuff, just tell me.
15. I am not getting rid of the cat. If you're allergic to cats, please don't bother. I will not fall so madly in love with you that the cat will be given away. And the fact that you would be okay with my doing that means you're not someone I'm interested in anyway.
16. It's a baby chimp, not a monkey.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
My first meeting with someone I've never met will be someplace public. I've had first dates in cafes, parks, Second Saturday (not a great choice -- hard to talk and get to know each other), and bars/restaurants (an okay choice depending on which one and the atmosphere). After that, depends on what we have in common and our imaginations.