I just had to change my heading because, really guys - what is up with all the serious looking profile pics? Give a girl a grin, already!
So here goes.... rather than go into a lot of life history and deep, deep topics best discussed over a latte or a martini (lemondrop for me), I've put together a little list that I like to call – “Some reasons you want to get to know me”
1. I’m funny, people laugh all the time around me. Most of the time I know why, but not always.
2. I’m very easy to entertain – hard to find an activity I won’t enjoy, or at the very least try. (Well, except for marathons. I just don’t get the whole concept of running without your life depending on it. Or maybe I just refuse to do it because everyone else here does. but if that's your thing, I'll meet you at the finish line with bananas and beer, or whatever else it is you fancy).
3. I’m spontaneous, which is great because it keeps life interesting (and why would you want your life to be boring?). It also is a huge plus if you are not the best pre-planner, which I am not.
4. I’m pretty stable and fairly sane, one of those “great catches” who just hasn’t found the one for whatever reason
5. I believe drama is best left in the theatre. Love to watch it. Live it – not so much. I had enough of that in my 20’s. Much too exhausting.
6. I find people to be genuinely fascinating, which means that I will really listen to you and will be truly interested in understanding what you do, why you love it, what excites you, what makes you tick and what drives you crazy. In other words, I really want to “get” you. (And not in that capture and put in a cage sense.) That said, as much as I love a good conversation, I am comfortable in silence.
7. I am a great cook. Not professionally trained or anything like that. I just genuinely love food – and making it – and sharing it. That said, I love to go out too!
8. I have an awesome family, which is a huge bonus because they are part of the package. Or will be if you are cool enough to ever get to meet them.
And what I’m not -
1. I'm not looking for an NSA / one-nighter type of thing
2. I’m not looking for someone to “explore the lifestyle with” because frankly I’m not sure I completely know what that even means but pretty sure I’m ok not finding out. Why do I say this? Because it’s POF and I tried this site once before – and I got off it for a reason.
3. I’m not looking for a “daddy”, sugar or otherwise. I am gainfully and happily employed and my dad and I have a great relationship so I don’t need to replace him. Again, why does it need to be said? See above.
So ... if you figure we may have some similar values and viewpoints and may actually hit it off, get in touch. And happy fishing!
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
Anything in the park. With a champagne of course. Or hot cocoa. Or a six pack. Actually, maybe I should wait till the 2nd date to let you see me in the light of day...
Ok - drinks at a darkened bar with a hidden 2nd exit in case I need to escape :)
See this is why the girl isn't supposed to plan the date.
- let's keep it simple. coffee or a drink and if we hit it off, play it by ear. I'm not a preplanner, remember?
- you can wow me on the 2nd date