Public Service Announcement: How To Get My Attention
1) Please, please, please have a clear profile picture. Remembering who's who from usernames or distant/blurry photos is just way too much work.
2) Although I'm looking, my time for POF is limited and sporatic so I do this at my convenience. Turnaround time can range from 10 minutes to 10 days, but it doesn't mean anything.
3) Sometimes people get busy or emails get buried. One follow-up email after a couple of weeks of no response is the kind of polite persistence I appreciate. (If some woman calls you a stalker for doing that, that's her problem, not yours.)
4) I pay no attention to who's viewed my profile or who'd "meet me".
5) Please write something that demonstrates you've read my profile. I'm attracted to intelligent, articulate men who can spell.
6) People who email me specifically to cuss me out or make fetish-related requests will be blocked and/or reported. Yes, it happens, but on the bright side they make the rest of you look good.
AND NOW, ONTO THE PROFILE...
I'm wondering how many self-described "funny/sarcastic" men really mean it.
I'm patient with mistakes because I'm wise. I'm alarmingly impatient with bad patterns, and I'm in awe of those who try to change those patterns, for that same reason. I'm funny, but probably not as funny as I think I am, so if you catch me giggling, be careful about asking what I'm thinking because you might not want to know. Down to earth? HA! When I get bent on a project, it's best to stand back until I prove it finished, impossible, or unnecessary. It's not a good idea to leave me unsupervised if there are glue guns present. I'm a lady, I can behave myself in public, but I'm also, well, earthy. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Any man with the following qualities is a real catch. I’m looking for a longterm relationship with exactly one of you (and thanks to the rest, on principle, for being that cool).
CREATIVITY isn’t just for show, it’s a way of life and engaging the world around you.
RESPECTFUL: You must be willing to talk to me about our issues, even if there is nothing in it for you. Jerks-during-breakups need not apply.
SPIRITUAL: I have to be with someone who understands the difference between “how” and “why”, and has the guts to ask himself the questions that can’t be answered.
ATTRACTION: Necessary, but also subjective and sometimes arbitrary. If it’s not there, it’s nothing personal, so let’s be honest early.
PROFESSIONAL: I’m partial to professionals. I like technicalities and learning new things, but if ethics/NDAs prevent you from telling me about your day, I’ll understand.
VOCABULARY: You understand the difference between the following terms: “funny” and “obnoxious”, “sensitive” and “self-absorbed”, “young at heart” and “immature”.
About me: I am a dancer of 14 years, currently making a career change from tech to the fitness industry, and otherwise involved in the arts. My day-to-day lifestyle is healthy and active. Long walks will be required (but the “on the beach” part depends on the beach). My favorite travel destination is Britain because it’s easy to navigate, and there is no language barrier (except maybe in Glasgow) between me and those wonderful people.
I love people, even the annoying ones. Sometimes I (gullibly) follow people down their personal rabbit-holes and come out understanding more than I intended, but I have yet to regret it. I have learned that people will say anything to a stranger when they have permission. Consider yourself invited.
P.S. I'm not sure how to answer the Religion question. My beliefs are tempered by a healthy dose of agnosticism, which amounts to respect to that which I do not understand (including other people's faiths).
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
Coffee or caulk-tails (in either case, probably just one because I'm a lightweight, and yes, I had to re-spell the synonym for "drinks" because POF starred it out. HA!) Let's talk, see if we're interested in 1) each other, 2) networking (because failing to do that is a total waste--just imagine how much beer your buddy would owe you...)