I am originally a Texas girl, but I have not lived in the "Lone Star State" for about five years now. I moved out to LA around eight months ago from Florida where I was working as an actor at a Rep Theatre across the street from the Gulf and the top rated beaches in the country. I love Los Angeles, and I can't be more happy to find myself in this lovely LaLa land, as Ani Difranco says "this city is a lot of bs, but it's also full of artists and dreamers."
I'm big on dreams, in the sense that I believe in chasing them. I am also learning to be open that sometimes dreams change, grow, and lead you down paths you hadn't intended to travel...and that is an exciting thing. As for me I am primarily an actress, but I also write, sing, and create; creating is very important to me. I love acting because it is such a fulfilling way to practice and experience empathy, I don't think I would know all that I do about different personalities if it wasn't for being an actress. I love humans, I love figuring all the different ways that we tick and all the possible reasons that we do what we do.
I think what makes me unique is that I have always been a bit of an old soul and so I have never been into things because they are the thing that the people around me are into. I come to appreciate things at my own pace, in my own time, and for my own reasons. Once I decide that I am into something I am incredibly loyal, and passionate about whatever it is. However, on the flip side I can be a very young soul...I love to laugh and have new experiences and soak in all that I can.
Something that I love about my life is all the music in it. I am constantly around musicians (my room mate is one), and I am constantly being introduced to new sounds and styles. My all time favorite band is Death Cab For Cutie, but Indie Rock isn't the only music I love, it's just the music that fits me closest.
After being on here I find it necessary to add a few notes to this:
1) At this time I am not interested in dating anyone who is ten or more years older then me. If you are over forty please know that you might be awesome but I'm not interested because I feel like that big of an age gap is problematic.
2) I am not into booty calls! If meaningless sex is what your on here for then I am not the girl for you.
3) I am into working out and being fit and I am interested in guys who are into the same. I want a man I can do a 5K with.
4) I have found that most of the guys on here who do not choose to upload pictures are creepers, so if you haven't loaded a picture then I am not going to take time checking out your profile. You might have left out a picture because you think physical attraction is shallow, but if you think that then I am going to assume you're immature about the facts of dating.
5) (More a question then a note) Why do guys get so put off by writing something about themselves....?
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
In music I am big on lyrics, and so in dating I am big on conversation. On a first date I like to do something fun, that's low pressure, but is also conducive to getting to know a person a little bit. I think a great first date would be catching an open mic at a coffee shop, or an outdoor concert followed by a drink and some dinner.