I constantly get asked - Kelly, how are you STILL single?
Well, there are a lot of reasons, some of which are:
• Men lying about their marital status or age or even height ***Lies, at ANY level, are an automatic deal-breaker!***
• who are without and still wanting children - my kids are soon to be 12 and 15, done with having babies.
• who live hours away from me - where are all of the great guys in Toronto? ***I no longer have a car***
• who are in open relationships and perfectly fine sharing their partners (ouff!)
• who are fresh out of a relationship, and in that exploratory phase wanting casual connections for the interim
• who are still in the heat of a legal battle over possessions and kids
• who are good guys, but work opposite shifts, or who have polar opposite kids schedules
• who are sex-obsessed on the first meeting - this will mean it will be the first and last date
• who are strict vegans or vegetarians or drink protein shakes on a regular basis, and don’t have sugar in their cupboard - good for you for making those choices, but it is not a good match for me
• and lastly - just a lack of chemistry. A spark is either there, or it isn't. It cannot be forced. (Mike Holmes JR & Chris Evans are 2 of my crushes ;))
As I approach the 1/2 century mark, I am not open to compromising on most things. If the fit isn’t natural and relatively “easy”, then it wasn’t meant to be. None of us should ever be expected to change for anyone else. Remain true to yourself, always.
In an effort to save time, please take a few minutes to read below:
My match will be:
• preferably 6 feet tall, or more - I am 6" in heels (when i do wear 'em)
• 200+ lbs (I am NOT a small girl) - just feels naturally more proportionate
• not hesitant to show their smile (show teeth!), and have more than one recent picture on here
• non smoker - this includes weed - yuck!
• non snorer
• drug free - if you take a “happy pill” to function everyday, we are likely not a good match
• can have fun without alcohol. I very rarely drink, and if i do - it is one or two
• have a solid grasp of the english language (primary language please) >>> you enjoy DINNING? that better be loud sounds and NOT food that you are talk'n about, basic grammar - it's the difference between knowing your sh*t & knowing you're shit!
• somebody who will not hesitate to indulge in my home baked desserts, and not count the calories
• not offended by my potty mouth - I am convinced that I was a trucker in my previous life ;)
• loves to be outdoors, appreciates nature and animals and the warmth of the sun :), i speak squirrel fluently :)
• available and willing to get to know each other organically, no rush, friends first please
• content with me no longer having a car, and having my kids 9 out of every 14 nights
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
A long walk at the beach.
Cuddling triggers the same neurological reaction as taking painkillers.
Holding hands with someone you love can alleviate physical pain as well as stress and fear.
Falling in love has similar neurological effects as a cocaine high.
Men who kiss their wives in the morning are said to live five years longer than men who don’t.