Imagine scuba diving off the coast of Aruba, snorkeling with manta rays and sea turtles, windsurfing and book-reading on
the beach with your favourite people. Yes, I love stepping off a plane in the tropics, which is why I’m Caribbean-bound as often as possible. It’s not always blue waters and rum runners served in coconuts though… So if we hit it off, remind me to tell you about the time I came face to face with a 7-foot sand shark.
Okay, fine. I exaggerated *just* a smidge...but I do like good company, good coffee and fresh-baked croissants.
Balance is important to me. At the end of the work day, I like hitting the gym and a few laps in the pool. After, I might call up some friends and throw an impromptu BBQ, complete with fresh steaks and my almost-famous potato salad as it pairs nicely with a decent bottle of wine...although I do enjoy going out and having someone cook it for me while we chat, drink and enjoy each others company.
1) Sport - number one on my list for a reason. It was installed in me at a young age so I have no choice. This however does not make me a jock nor would I ignore you and make you sit on the sofa to watch a football match (there is a thing called ''record'' on the Sky box)
2) Music - you will rarely see me without my headphones or playing random songs on my phone in the shower. Instead of Spotify, I have Amazon Music which to be honest is basically the same.
3) Speaking of Amazon - that brings me to online shopping. I have a special bond with Amazon and eBay. There is never a week goes by when a parcel is being posted through the door or a courier knocking...almost to the point where I really should know the guys name by now. I have Amazon Prime so an added bonus for you if you require next day delivery ;)
4) Included with Amazon is Prime Video - just like Netflix but without the monthly subscription. I have an Amazon stick so whether you want to watch a movie at mine or me bring it to yours, the choice is there to watch thousands of movies at a click of a remote :)
5) Craft beer - No more do I feel the need to drink pints and pints of Stella just as I did when I was younger in clubs. As I am now older and hopefully wiser, I fully appreciate the quiet and relaxing nights out trying different ales from around the world but also from local brewers too. (You of course can still have a bottle of wine/prosecco or gin and tonic)
6) Tapas bar happy hours with friends - found a bar that I am in love with called the Dead Canary. We are a huge lover of whiskey and a glass of Old Fashioned whilst catching up is a great way to unwind after a long week. It is the perfect place for a first date too if you're lucky.
7) Spelling and grammar - I am a OCD and a mini grammar police officer. Gone are the days of ''text slang'' I use acronyms such as tbh, pls etc but if you talk to me with lyk or wud and so forth then please do not expect the conversation to go on any further.
8) Last but definitely not least is Go Karting - I have been racing for over 2 years and a regular at the Cardiff track (TeamSport) almost every Thursday evening. I got the bug from a friend and I have 3 trophies to my name already. The two of us occasionally travel across the UK with friends racing different tracks. Out of 24, I have already raced at 11. This has also got me interested in F1 which I have never been a fan of.
I like someone who is admired for who she is, not just her shiny necklaces or designer shoes. She’s creative, thinks for herself, and speaks
her mind. She is happy grabbing dinner down the local pub, taking a weekend trip to away, or just staying in to watch a movie with a pizza, Chinese with wine/beer.
Monday - Friday, I work hard, but when the weekend rolls around… it’s time to play.
Maybe you can join me?... Message me and let’s talk.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
We hop on a jet to Cape Town and ride the tram all the way up Table Mountain.
After taking in the incredible views, we’ll
explore the city with our own private tour guides, President Zuma and Charlize Theron.
As night falls we’ll go to a cozy bistro and share spicy Cape Malay chicken curry by candlelight, talking till closing time.
...Or we could grab coffee locally, your call. :-)