UPDATE: I keep getting a lot of messages from guys that are the total opposite of my type, so I'm just going to put a brief, general description of my type here to save some time (hopefully). I tend to go for the all american, guy next door type -- tall, athletic, handsome. Think Ryan Reynolds or James Franco. If I don't respond, I apologize, but I'm not interested. I respond very rarely as I am incredibly busy and don't want to waste your or my time if we aren't going to meet.
I am in NO HURRY to jump into a relationship, though it's ultimately what I'm looking for. I am looking for a relationship and not a "fling" but I'm at a point in my life where I'm very focused on myself and advancing my career so I'm willing to wait to find the right fit. While I am not very actively searching for someone right now, I am obviously open to it if the right person came along. :)
I grew up on the East Coast and have maintained that mentality. I will never be a typical LA girl and I pride myself on that. I have manners and put others first (often to a fault). I hold doors for people and help old women carry groceries to their car. I bring Thanksgiving meals to the homeless. I absolutely love animals and am involved in animal rescue. If you don't like animals, I'm not for you.
I love sports. I was an all-star athlete in softball and soccer when I was younger. I love watching football and baseball! I love jetskiing and enjoy snowboarding, though I'm horrible at it! I love horseback riding and just getting out and doing things. I have a strong tendency to be sarcastic. I love being goofy/quirky. I'm very go-with-the-flow and not high maintenance! As long as you give me notice to get showered and changed, I am up for anything. I love spontaneity and being surprised. :)
I love games and puzzles (wouldn't it be so much fun to go on the Amazing Race?! I don't eat bugs though, so you'd have to do that part!) and any sort of intellectual challenge. I love learning about anything and everything. I taught myself to code HTML when I was 11 because I wanted to build a better website than my friend. I'm pretty competitive. I have a B.S. in Information Sciences & Technology and would love to get an MBA. I am very creative and analytically minded. I'm always thinking of inventions and ideas.
So here are some things that might make you not like me:
-I'm not a big wine fan. I like a sweet white wine every now and again but I really don't like dry or red wine (room temperature throat burning liquid isn't very appealing to me :)).
-I'm an even lesser beer fan. Yes, I can kick your ass at beer pong any day of the week, but I don't care for beer. I will have a light beer (RARELY) to be social (read: milk it) but I don't care for the taste or how bloated I feel when I drink it.
-I don't eat sushi, lobster, crab, etc. Sorry, seafood creeps me out. I love love love salmon, but that's pretty much the only seafood I'll eat and it has to be cooked! :)
-I'm not a vegetarian/vegan/extremely healthy eater. I eat what I like. I'm relatively picky (meat and potatoes type of girl) and while I will choose the healthier option if there is one (fat free/sugar free), I don't really exclude much from my diet. I absolutely LOVE dessert. I have a borderline addiction to Sprinkles Cupcakes. :)
-I don't work out. I know, I know. I just find working out so monotonous after having played sports for so long. Working out in a gym is just boring. I keep telling myself I will start, but that day hasn't come yet. Maybe soon, maybe not. Just know you most likely won't have a gym partner in me, though I do love any type of outdoor activity or sport, so I'm game for that.
-I'm not a basketball/Lakers fan. Sorry, I grew up in a city without a basketball team so I never got into it. I love me some football though! :)
-Motorcycles are not my thing. A friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver on one. If a bike is your main transportation or a serious hobby, I'm not the girl for you.
THINGS THAT WILL MAKE ME NOT LIKE YOU AND NOT MESSAGE YOU (in no particular order -- and yes, these have ALL happened)
1. You type like "hey grrrl waz gud?" - Good grammar is hot. At least TRY to spell.
2. You send me your phone number in your initial message to me - this tells me you are desperate & send your number to every girl on this site. I could be a 52 year old man & now I have your number.
3. Telling me you like my photos but that you didn't read my profile. - If you're not interested to know anything about me now, why would you in person? Maybe I typed in my profile that I'm a serial killer but you neglected to read that part. At least SKIM my profile, geez!
4. You have shirtless photos on your profile (beach/pool pictures excluded) - OK, I can forgive one, but please don't make it your MAIN photo! I care more about things other than a guy's physique. If you have made it to this age & aren't fat, I am happy. If you have a great body, fantastic! Taking photos without a shirt means you are either really full of yourself (which I don't like) or not confident with yourself (which I also don't like). If you're doing it to make fun of the guys that take those photos, I like a sense of humor.
5. You are looking for someone to have sex with you & your fiancee before you get married - I cannot believe I actually have to type this, but believe it or not, there are people on this site looking for that, and they have messaged me. Amazing. I also do not want to sleep with you & your WIFE!
6. You use those animated yellow smiley faces in place of words in your message (i.e. in the middle of your sentence) - I shouldn't have to use a super decoder ring to figure out what you're trying to say to me. If my eyebrows furrow in confusion when I read your message, it automatically gets deleted. Please keep the dancing/drinking/guitar playing smileys to a minimum.
7. You send me a message where the body of text is your resume (and is VERY unimpressive) - So not only are you telling me you're unemployed, but I now have your full name, address, phone number & email address. What if I'm an identity-stealing serial killer?
8. Your main photo is a picture of a huge, bleeding cut above your eye. - Making me sick before I even open your message is not the way to my heart, I assure you.
9. Please do not ask me if I know a good locksmith who can give you the key to my heart. Now I want to call a locksmith to add a deadbolt to my door.
10. You ask me if I've had breast augmentation and, if so, how it's impacted my life.
11. In your first message (or any message for that matter), you tell me you "make love like a champ."
12. You want me to join your pyramid marketing -- Really?! You must be doing amazing to need to find people to join from a dating site.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
So about what I AM looking for is someone similar to myself. Well-educated, successful, driven, caring, funny, thoughtful, family-oriented, supportive and kind. This is probably a wasted point, but my ideal relationship would be one similar to what Bill Rancic and Guiliana DePandi (from E! News) have (they have a reality show -- I know, reality shows are stupid -- on Style called "Guiliana and Bill" and they are just an amazing couple and each other's soulmate, they are best friends and each other's biggest supporter.
For a first date (really, it's a first "meet") I prefer to do something casual like coffee or meeting up at the dog park. I'm not one of those girls looking for a "free dinner" and would rather have the first time we hang out be something cheap or free. I do enjoy casual and fun dates like bowling or mini golf or ice skating -- I think they're definitely more fun so you can get to know the other person for who they really are, not by who they're trying to be on a first impression. Pretty much any chance to have fun and laugh at myself is a great time. :)