"Life is short and very fragile. Do that which makes you happy".
A friend years ago gave the above aphorism to me and time has proven its worth. My career makes me very happy but there is more to life than work. I am in my 50s, of average build but tall (6 ft 2 in.-at least that used to be considered tall). My friends tell me I'm witty, friendly, smart and kind. I'm loyal. monogamous, and optimistic.
I like to read (History, current events, great literature and or a really good Sci-Fi). Movies follow a similar pattern and I am eclectic in my music tastes with particular fondness for Blues, 70s/80s, classic rock, jazz, opera/classical and Funk. I love trying new foods and restaurants, especially French. . I am honest, straightforward, and sincere and I know how to respect and appreciate a woman.
I enjoy film, art, spending time with friends, politics and current events and film. I lift weights and hike to stay toned and enjoy travel. I love a good meal and have been enjoying the cuisine Los Angeles offers. I love a good sci-fi (book or film but that does NOT include "super hero" flicks which I find tend to be formulaic and predictable) theater, music, concerts and eating well. I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer
My screen name is the protagonist from my favorite novel-"The Tomorrow File" by Lawrence Saunders. His "fatal flaw" was that he believed that life should have charm. (I agree). Screen names are like personalized license plates-is there a meaning behind yours?
-Do not bother to message me if you are a Republican or voted Trump-trust me it would never work out!
-Do not message me if your pictures are not current and an accurate representation. It’s dishonest and wastes both our time.
- However, If you are intelligent, educated, kind, and seeking friendship and maybe more (if the chemistry is right-but friendship for sure) take a chance and message me.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
1. What is your favorite quote(s)?
2. Where would you live if you couldn't live in California?
3. Beach or Mountain?
4. An old classic - Who was your favorite artist from the Beatles?
5. Worst travel experience?
6. When did you last "take a chance" (I don't mean dating sites-something in another area of your life-ex.-career change, moved to a new city, etc.).