I am an introvert and the things I know for sure about myself are that I am extremely loyal and honest, generous and loving. I am not rich but I am self-sufficient and not looking for someone to support me financially. I am very low maintenance and the cheapest date you'll ever meet. It takes very little money to entertain me. I have all that I need except companionship. I have been on my own far too long and I no longer want to spend the rest of my life this way. Because I have been on my own for so long, I am extremely independent. I don't know if this is going to be a problem or not, but I really want to give this a try, because independent or not, I am often lonely.
Making new friends at my age is very difficult. The older you are, the less trusting you are and because I've learned a thing or two along the way, I am somewhat leery of who I approach.
I carry no baggage and my entire life is an open book. I have nothing to hide and I'm not ashamed of anything I've done in the past. Ask and you shall receive an honest answer.
I am not the type to cling to someone who has no interest in me and will never pester that person with numerous phone calls, letters or e-mails.
I dislike liars and dishonesty with a passion. I'm not interested in head games, drama, fighting or yelling. I'm also not interested in becoming someone's nurse, caregiver or regular cook. I'm looking for a companion to share fun times with. I love to cook, but don't want to spend my time in the kitchen cooking 3 meals a day for someone else. The occasional drink or toke is fine by me as long as it does not consume your life.
The photos of me by the river are 2 years old and the photos in my home were taken Oct. 7/07. As you can see, I am now a blond and my hair is slightly longer in the front. I think I'm real cute as a blond. Let's hope the axiom is true, "that blonds have more fun". Most of my photos are close-ups. That way, there will be no surprises. I think for an old broad, I'm aging quite nicely.
- I've been known to spend 5+ hours in the tub reading a good book or beading (not in the tub of course) for 15-18 hours straight. I've got lots of energy and stamina. Assign me a task, and I'll work at it 'til it's done. Lazy is not in my vocabulary.
- I'll travel to the ends of the earth if I can get there by walking, biking, car, bus, RV, or boat but I will never, ever fly again.
- I'm a volunteer with the Cancer Society, driving people to and from their appointments.
- I have 2 Lhasa Apsos: Ruby who is in my lap (12) and Bronte, last photo (16).
- I'm bilingual, but more comfortable with English.
- I dream of going canoeing one day - haven't done it since I was a kid and have great memories of those days.
- I love ethnic foods (Indian, Greek, Middle Eastern)
- I love to secondhand shop and go to garage sales and I'm real good at it. I don't go as often now that my sister has passed away, but meeting someone with a similar like, wow - now that's what I would call fun.
- I am completely equipped to go on a picnic or BBQ. My picnic basket is packed and ready to go at a moments notice and I have a real cool BBQ for travelling. Both are packed away in my locker and have been there for many years - for the simple reason I have no one to go with. My 3 closest girlfriends have all moved away to faraway places. I have tried to set my mind to go alone, and my heart is never in it - so, if you like picnics and BBQs in beautiful settings, I'm the gal for you.
One last thing ... if sex is in the future, a spark between us is a must.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
Surprise me. I'm open to all kinds of suggestions. I've never had a cup of coffee or a cup of tea so I'm not much interested in going for either ... maybe a juice. If it helps, I live near the Canal, so bicycling or a walk is always a possibility.