1 John 3-18: "Let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."
Let me do the disclaimer first. I don't do instant meetings - foolish in this day and time - and I am not a serial dater. If you are willing to invest some time messaging and talking over the phone - getting to know another human being, I am open to meeting and being friends. Sizing someone up from a profile or meeting them to check them out reminds me of the cattle auctions I attended as a child. "Run her in the chute, boys, and let's start the bidding."
Now what would you like to know if you have read this far without me scaring you off?
- Can cook - and do it well.
- Smart country girl who can do city.
- Kind, but can be assertive when needed.
- Politics: Independent with Conservative leanings.
- Love ALL music except for Heavy Metal - you can't dance to that.
- Like sports and was once a basketball referee and a softball umpire.
- Enjoy events in Atlanta, but being stuck in traffic is a waste of good time.
- Tend to write too much, but I taught it and have won some money doing it.
- Grew up with a brother and have four boys, two grandsons and a granddaughter.
- Someone once called me an egghead (which I proudly claim), but I also am down-to-earth.
- Plan to write a book about online dating. The title will be: Widowed Engineer with One Lovely Son.
- Can hold a conversation with anyone from the garbage man to the governor - and enjoy both equally.
- Can argue the 2nd Amendment with the best of them and would willingly do so in front of the SCOTUS.
- Loves the artistry of dance and cleared a few disco floors in my younger day - slowed down some due to an accident 4 years ago.
- Respect is huge for me, and I have a great deal of respect the men and women who put life at risk in the military or first responders.
- Love nature (trees, rocks, snow, bodies of water, deserts, flowers, fresh veggies) and often bring the great outdoors inside in vases and pots.
- Will not be impressed with your money, but will be impressed if you worked hard to get it. Also will be impressed if you are kind to children, dogs, old people and waitresses.
I have done a few interesting things in life, the latest being an almost attorney. I went old age crazy after I had an accident in 2012 and finished law school, but I am going to teach high school this fall - and will take the bar in February. An experienced teacher makes more than a beginning lawyer, and I am a practical girl - sometimes. In addition, you only have to work 9 months of the year. How good is that! I also am a licensed mediator, so for you married men who pretend you are single, I don't date married men, but I will mediate your divorce.
What are things that I don't like? Drunks!
God is good, and life is to be lived to the full. I hope you all find blessings from your relationships. Oh, I play by God's rules. Some men find that a problem, but I know from whom my help comes. If you are looking for a hook-up, I ain't your girl. I like quality, and quality men have too much self-respect for cheap women.
PS - I was being reflective this morning, and I have to be honest that I don't really think I will meet my match here, but I do enjoy chatting with some of you from time to time - and on occasion, meeting someone and making a new friend. For it to work for me, I would have to develop a deep respect for the person, and he, knowing my attributes as well as faults, would need to come to a realization that I am unique, and that he feels some luck in finding someone like me. In other words, value me not only as a woman, but also as a person.