So this is where everyone tells you way too much about themselves. I'm going to do this a little different, I'm just going to tell you why you should give me the chance and at least talk to me and see where it goes:
- Instead of the cliche about how passionate and caring I am, I'm just going to give an example... I run a charity on its board of directors. We handle some scholarships and work closely with women's shelters, and we run a bunch of local events (we have plans to expand to this area. We're federally recognized as a charitable organization, and me and the rest of the board volunteer our time and effort into making this work.
- I work with a future. I used to be a trucker and realized that lifestyle isn't for me. Now I work in a hospital while I'm also going to school for nursing. I have a very stable future, with a high-demand fall-back career.
- I'm independent. I don't live with parents (they're in NJ). I work for what I have. And have my own home.
- I'm supportive and nonjudgmental. I don't believe in having to agree on everything. Differences are just as important as things in common. What I care about is that someone is themselves.
- I eventually want a family. This means that I'm looking for something that has the potential to be longterm, and I'm willing to put in the effort to make it work, while not trying to force it or jump in too early. I'm also ok with someone else's kids, I just want at least one of my own. Plus my last name, when you translate it from Italian, is pretty badass, but you don't get that explanation until at least the 3rd date.
- Dogs love me. Every dog owner knows that's a great way to get an idea of a person. Right now I have a cat, but I dog would be fun in the future once I have enough free time.
- I drive, my own car.
- No drugs, never been to jail, I drink socially but in control.
- I'm actively working on getting back in shape. Trucking kicked my ass. You don't sit in a truck for years and not gain some weight. But I'm eating healthier again, and I'm in the gym regularly. I want to be able to run again, and I'm working on that.
- I grew up on the Jersey shore, and still have family and almost all of my friends there. Just throwing that perk in there, because who doesn't like the idea of being close to the beach, right between where all of NJ's most popular boardwalks are, close to all the food and bars that the local people go to, for free?
Basically, I'm that type of guy you say you want... you just gotta let me prove that. You made it this far, all that's left is to write back!