The best way to get to know me is to read my profile, it answers most of the questions commonly asked.
TL:DR: I'm awesome but opinionated, old school in some aspects, I'm looking to date and I prefer to date White, White-Hispanic.
But if you like to read, please go ahead.....
I enjoy going on expeditions to find the best of anything (museums, art, jazz lounges, restaurants, cafes, cupcakes, ice cream parlors, haunted houses, strange/unique places, hiking trails..etc). I'm extremely easy to speak to (otherwise known as cool), especially in person.
I'm very much aware of my mortality and refuse to try to manage everything about life, I strive for happiness, not mediocrity, so I do whatever I want to do. Meaningless or endless conversations will not be entertained, I'm expecting that we plan to meet soon after exchanging a few messages.
By no means am I a foodie, but I love food and spunky drinks. Soup dumplings, noodle dishes Korean BBQ, and rice cakes are currently my favorites. I am a fan of most restaurants on the strip of St. Marks Place, K-town and Chinatown, good food and relatively inexpensive. Eating is one of my favorite activities so if you have a questionable relationship with food and you feel guilty?........exit stage left.
My favorite events in NYC or times of the year are Halloween, Tropfest, The Feast of San Gennaro, Salsa concerts on the South Street Sea Port, Tribeca Film Festival, Lincoln Center Out Door, Openhousenewyork, and Union Square Holiday Market.
The following may aide you in deciphering how likely I am to reply to your message:
I am attracted to individuals and cultures very similar to my own (White, White-Hispanic/Latin), non-religious, 5'9-6'1, non-smoker with a nice smile (aka straight teeth). I am not looking for athletic/fit, I prefer average or a few pounds extra. Skinny/lanky/thin frames just don't do it for me and six-packs don't impress me unless it's Angry Orchard Crisp Apple.
The ideal suitor and whom likely will put an end to my single status: A gentleman, good-natured, assertive, generous, decisive but flexible, open minded, cares about the world we live in, is pet-free, a non-smoker, drug-free, has straight teeth, and has tolerance and respect for others. This may as well be the definition of a unicorn, so in the meantime, I'm single, lol.
If anything I've written offends you, I make no apologies, we are simply not compatible. This is a dating website and I treat it as such. In an effort to come across someone who I'd likely date, and for whom I may be a match, my profile covers relevant information.
I will date someone if I'm intrigued. There is no rush, I just want to enjoy whomever I happen to be with, with no pressure or time frame, for however long we may date.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
1. So what does "date but nothing serious" mean to me? Well, simply put, I would enter a relationship if I were to meet who I described as the ideal suitor in my profile (that's how I was off the market the last time, for 2 years). Until the ideal suitor materializes in my life, I can date with no intention of entering a relationship.
2. Dates vs meet and greets. While I am open to either, I will always give preference to those whose idea of a first meeting is going on a date. It conveys the idea that you want to get to know me, versus the elusive idea that chemistry magically reveals itself in a minute and at first sight.
3. I don't know a woman without a list of people who she can call at any given time for the purpose of getting laid, so don't play yourself. I am in no need of a FB, FWB, or any other sexual arrangements. We are living in the age of technology, don't strive to become a dildo, they are cheap, get with the program!
4. The friends first approach discrepancy. I don't sleep with my friends, I can't make this any clearer. So friends will remain friends forever and relationships will remain relationships until they end.
5. The conundrum of expecting the world, when you've only sent some generic "hi", "how are you doing (insert generic compliment)?". Do you have any idea how many messages women get a day? The more generic your message, the farther down the rabbit hole it will go.
6. The eternal debate about who pays. Just be yourself and things will sort themselves out. Don't pay if you're going to resent it later, don't pay if you cannot afford it, don't pay because you're expecting to get laid, and definitely do not pay because you think you have to.
I have no problem letting a man pay, but it is not required. Your actions reflect your intentions, don't treat a woman like a friend while having romantic expectations. Start the way you'd like to finish.