Solo act. Perfectly content by myself. Friendly and flexible.
I love kids and pets. Never met a dog that didn't like me.
Resourceful. Organized. A problem solver. D.I.Y. stuff all the time.
Church volunteer. But not a religious zealot or political nut job.
Read real books on paper.
I rarely watch TV. - I'd rather listen to the game on the radio.
My online friends range from artists to rednecks, so I accept people of all persuasions for who they are.
Raised a farm kid, lived in the 'burbs most of my adult life.
A casual guy. Wears jeans almost everywhere. Haven't shopped for a suit in years. I can tie my own tie, shave and clean up if needed, but that is the exception, not a common occurrence.
What I like about women...
- Bared shoulders are extremely sexy, but tube tops are not. I've never liked the strapless look on anyone - but wear an off-the-shoulder sweater or dress out somewhere, and you won't be wearing it for very long. If that seems weird, so be it.
- Someone who makes the point to connect and communicate regularly. Phone calls or daily "Thinking of you" texts means something. Two or three texts a week feels like connecting with a lawyer who bills by the minute. I believe in '5 Love Languages' terms - it is called "Quality Time".
- A lady who realizes 'common' interests are not needle-sharp precision matches. I LIKE skating and skiing - I'm just not very good at it. If you run, that's awesome -- I'll be there at the finish line -- but does a guy HAVE to match you stride-for-stride to be 'worthy'? Sometimes it feels like people are so dependent on exact matches, that they would break up over which way the toilet paper hangs on the roll. The 'height in heels' thing will make my eyes roll clear to the back of my skull. My extended family is pretty much 50/50 Packers/Vikings, so learning to get along has always been part of my life.
- Good communication skills. I can respect women for being straightforward and honest FAR more than those playing coy or aloof -- but that ends when the conversation stays one-sided. I am not showing up to for you tell me "What it is" and basically sit there and nod in agreement. Google up Active Listening Techniques - because I AM worthy enough to do a little homework to get to know.
- Lastly - The extent women go to make themselves attractive. This is more entertainment than anything else. I don't demand anything from a date because getting you to smile is enough for me. Yet I see women re-inventing new profiles in here for the 4th or 5th time, with new photos and such, and are always 37 years old - again! Guys get cut down for fibbing about height and labeled a liar... but we are ALL guilty of some form of 'creative' editing in here. Not getting caught instantly with your hand in a cookie jar doesn't mean it is o.k. Don't point fingers when you still have chocolate stains all over your own face.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
What board or card game would best describe your character? Why?
What used to be your favorite cartoon in the Sunday newspaper comics?