- Movies: I’m a huge movie buff. I go to theaters occasionally, and it would be nice to have a partner to do that with from time to time. I will watch movies from all parts of the spectrum. Comedy, Horror, Animated, Musicals, Action, etc are all likely to spark some interest.
- Music: Music is the soundtrack to life, really. Seeing how I am a musician, I tend to appreciate many genres. It can range from Classical/Baroque, to Rap, to Progressive Metal, to Jazz and Country Western. My influences are those who have an outstanding degree of talent. As a trained musician, I have become a bit of a snob, so I do tend to gravitate to those who impress me. All these different genres also contribute to influencing me when I write my own material.
- Games: What can I say? I was an 80s kid. I grew up with a joystick, cards, and dice in my hands. It carries onto today. Most my free time is spent enjoying many games whether it be video, board, or card. The more people interested in joining, the better. I don't play D&D or WoW though...those games will rob you of your life!!
- Politics and Philosophy: Firstly, my political views lean more to the right. I'm always looking for existential conversations, debating ethics, challenging other beliefs, and criticizing the world while looking for new ideas. Since I've debated many sides, I can appreciate many beliefs. If it's logical and I can understand where other people come from, then I can probably appreciate what has to be said, though I may not agree with it.
- Adventures: I'm really not someone who plans things out. It’s not that I can’t. I’m just very much into the spontaneous. I do like getting out, finding new things to do, meeting new and different people, finding strange things, and learning new things. Lately I've been trying to get out and do some hiking, photography, or go to local band concerts.
We all have them; don't even pretend that you are some perfect angel. Since these tend to be deal breakers, I'll be up front. I tend to be very outspoken about how I feel about things regardless of whether positive or negative. I have a knack for ruffling feathers. As one of my friends put it “He isn’t the kind of guy to tip-toe around your emotions.” I take much value in my alone time, as well as my time with my special someone. I have a rather competitive nature, which can be good or bad. I am not a bad sport about things, but it’s something to consider.
I have a rather low tolerance for ignorance/stupidity. Unfortunately, I think this is something that is a big problem with a lot of my previous relationships because I tend to run into an abundance of women that bore me mentally. The worst part about it is that it’s not necessarily their fault. I'm not trying to sound pompous here, I promise. I'm an everyday human. I can jibber jab about day-to-day small talk, but when the conversation hovers in serious topic, it's probably best that you be able to have something to say. I don't care if you even agree with me on the topic, just so long as one can be civil. And as the saying goes “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something”
I am a very sexual person, but I really am not looking to just jump into bed and/or find a quick hook-up. I'm looking to start a foundation for a future. Romance is always an appreciated aspect to come along with that, but it's not my drive. I'm a person that understands the difference between sex and love, and I'm looking for the latter. That's not to say I'm boring in bed. On the contrary, I'm very adventurous and frequently looking for new ways to improve and have fun. I am actually someone who takes the time to research sex instead of assuming that I’m good just because I managed to make my partner get off in the past. That's the key, really, is having fun with it. Sex shouldn't just be oral and intercourse, it's more like a full night of events climaxing with the actual deed. Being the case, I believe I'm open to ideas as well. I am not a fan of a woman who just assumes that I have all the ideas and that I should be in control of everything.
In a Girl:
I'm not too physically picky. If I see an attraction, I'll know it. With that being said, the more “done up” you are, the more you are a turn off. It bothers me when a girl has fake hair, fake boobs, fake nails, fake eyelashes, etc etc, and then she gripes about wanting a "real man." I like girls of all shapes and sizes, so what it really bores down to is personality and compatibility. I have no hang-ups on height, race, breasts, or age either, really. The important things are being caring and full of heart, being assertive, having integrity and intelligence, and in general, just being sweet. Kindness will win me over before all else.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I don't really like to think of it as dating. Hang out/chill seems more my style. In any case, I am really indifferent about the activity. I am more concerned with the company and the social interaction. There are a myriad of things for people to do if they simply take 10 minutes to conjure something up. Movies are only good in small doses just because the conversation is minimal. Going out to eat kind of bothers me because I want to be doing something. I'd rather just grab something on the way to doing some activity.
I feel that a girl should have something in mind as to what she wants to do as well. It seems like there are too many women that just leave it up to the guy like he is supposed to entertain her. This is a two way street here, and BOTH parties should be making an effort toward making something work. I have plenty of ideas for activities, but I shouldn't be the only one with a game plan.