With millions of conversations on the site each day -- and billions each year -- everyone on POF is looking to meet new people. So don’t be shy! Below you will find information on messaging, chatting, and sending gifts on POF!
|Your Conversations||Your Mail Settings|
|Sending & Receiving Gifts||POF Email Notifications|
|Reporting a User||Blocking A User From Contacting You|
I can't send messages!
If your messages are not being sent, it is likely due to one of the following reasons:
1. The recipient has mail settings restricting you from contact. There may be restrictions you cannot see listed on their profile.
2. You are being blocked by our spam filers for sending the same message to numerous users, or are using potentially bad language. If this happens your profile may temporarily be restricted from sending new messages.
3. Your profile may have been flagged for review and be in quarantine. If you cannot receive messages, add favorites, or are having trouble logging in, please wait 48 hours and try again.
4. Some users specify that they prefer to receive longer first messages. We recommend you writing a longer message if this occurs.
5. Your age is outside of the +/- 14 year contact restrictions (or +9 year restrictions for those under 22.) Please note your cannot send messages outside of these age restrictions
6. You can only send a "first contact" message to 55 new people per 24 hours, so make your first message to a user count! (Please note this limit is only on first contacts, and there is NO LIMIT on how many messages you can send per day, or how many different people you can message per day that you have previously made contact with - so chat as much as you like!)