NOTE: I can't see 'want to meet you' clicks... But I CAN see messages or 'viewed my profile'.
My degrees are in Environmental Studies and Drafting & Design; but my current career track is to re-start my music career. I'm free to travel (passport in hand) and have limited my overhead to the essentials. My background has provided a great pool of knowledge in how to create and implement a business plan (grant project; same thing). There's a sample of my work at JasTunes dot com if you want to see if I'm really worth the trouble. :^) We probably won't get along if you don't like my work. :^]
To Be More Specific: I had leg surgery a few years ago that damaged some nerves and slowed me down; I use a cane and might have to always have it. Since then I've realized that if I'm going to have any influence in this world, it will be with my ability to communicate to many through my music.
When I was 25 I decided to not pursue a career in music; I wanted some of the 'normal' things in life.. have a home, raise a child, etc. Well, 25 years later, I have done those things, and the career path open to me now (with my having 'limited hours of operation') is the one I rejected back then. Much has changed; I'm not looking to be a 'rock star', my goals are much simpler. I have learned how to manage projects and have a business plan for this operation, and am on step 6 with 50 to go (metaphorically speaking). I'm now 'built to travel' and both my equipment and music fit in just about anywhere. My expenses are quite low, so my requirement of income is also quite low (a great place to start no matter where you want to end up).
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
I walked around with a list in my pocket, just to remind me of what didn't work in the past. I've expanded that list so it makes sense to other people, and I'll go out on a limb and print it right here for all to see. This is the partner I'm looking for (and the person I want to be):
What kind of fool am I?
1. Live Simply: I don’t need to live in a dirt hut and eat meal worms, but I do need to feel good about having quality of life rather than quantity of ‘stuff’. I am dedicated to finding the place where I am living comfortably, but not living beyond what my surroundings have to offer.
2. Live Healthy: I want to eat organic, but can’t afford it. I’d like to eat as far from processed food as possible, both for body-health and sustainability. An ideal partner will work with me in a supportive way without being fanatical about it. I want PIE health… Physical, Intellectual, Emotional.
3. Emotional balance: If I have true intellectual understanding with someone, than it will give us a basis for emotional integrity with each other. I don’t want to push buttons (I’d like to be an agent of change and help remove / relieve those buttons), nor do I want my buttons targeted for any reason. I want to be Physically, Intellectually, Emotionally (PIE) “safe” in my core relationship.
4. Not Religious: I don't pretend to know what life is all about, I can only make my decisions based on what I know. So I'm open to possibilities, but grounded in facts. I need a partner that both understands and appreciates this and who is pretty close to this way of thinking as well. “Spiritual but not religious” works, especially if ‘spiritual’ is about being connected to the world and not separated from it.
5. 50 / 50 Partnership: I believe that the best way of living life with a partner is to have the respect and honor in each other, to share and discuss all decisions that affect both of us. Lots of communication is the key, then I am able to trust and backup everything my partner says and does. This requires a base of understanding that we both believe in and live by. It also means that you understand the shared responsibilities of a real relationship and want one.. that you realize that real partners together are greater than the sum of their parts.
6. Politically Progressive: I believe everyone should have the right to do what they want until it infringes on someone else’s right to the same. I think my truths listed above should be available for everyone on the planet, and my political thinking reflects this. Registered democrat, knowing there is a big difference between the parties, but wondering if we are too far into corporate ownership for it to make a difference.
Any of this make sense? Drop me a line and let's talk!
I'm a strange combination.. I am creative but grounded. I am adventuresome, friendly, and curious... U B 2~
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
First date? I think it's smart to have a first meet in a coffee shop; if the other is creepy, you're done in 15 minutes. If not you can talk for hours, suggest that we continue the conversation over dinner, drinks, etc.
It's more about expanding your circle of acquaintances at this point; let's talk about "dating" after we know if we want to spend more than 15 minutes together! :-)