Just looking for someone to meet and do things with and see what happens from there. Not opposed to a committed relationship but want to ease into it if it is to happen. I am a father of two, a son 19 and a daughter 17 that I practically raised solo and as such live with me full time. I currently work full-time and go to UNLV full-time as a Graduate Student. These things take up a lot of time but I do have time to get out and enjoy activities. Mostly I like to get outdoors, see a concert, or just relax somewhere; always up for a new experience. So if you have an idea for a new adventure, I will probably be on board to join you. One of my favorite things to do is go to sporting events or watch them with others. Love the excitement of the live atmosphere. I do not gamble, smoke and rarely drink (socially only). Not a typical Vegas guy I know, but being from the Midwest I have a different view of relationships and how I treat a woman. Chivalry and manners are not lost on me. Also I realize that friendship is as important to a relationship as is romantic interest.
People describe me as the typical Aries horoscope sign: creative, assertive, bold, free-thinking and yes, I leap and then look sometimes. I tend be direct in my dealings and speak my mind in a blunt but tactful way. (I find that most women do not like that but that's their issue, not mine.) When you combine my way of being with my humor, which is witty and sarcastic, the fun begins. If you have fragile feelings or get emotional, I may not be the best fit for you. Anyone I am involved with needs to be able to laugh things off, speak her mind and dish it back to me at the same time in a good-natured way. Overall though, I sure do love to laugh, enjoy life and make others feel happy as well
I do not want nor can I have more children. As a single parent, I have put life on hold to be the best dad in the world and give my kids the best I could but I need some “me” time now. If you have kids already regardless of age I am totally cool with that, family activities are awesome. As a matter of fact, I prefer to date someone with kids as they understand the difficulties that arise with last minute issues concerning kids and that children are not baggage but gifts.
I do feel the need to define a few things as I get a lot of responses on here. I think this will keep us on the same page as far as being interested in each other on a point-of-view level.
1) I will not date someone that is too far left/liberal unless you accept that I am very conservative and you keep your opinions respectful. I am mature enough to realize people have differences of opinions and can look past it if you do but I will not be lectured to. Been there, done that, slammed the door on her ass as she left.
2) Everyone has drama in their lives so if you do not want any in your life or claim you have none, more than likely you are the drama. No thank you. Though this economy has treated me harshly I am a go-getter and problem solver, not a complainer. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a few forward. Just do what you have to do to make things right again, and that does involve swallowing some pride at times. If you do not understand that, we will not see eye-to-eye.
3) As much as you women hate the shirtless mirror shot that a lot of guys post on here, we guys cannot stand seeing pictures of your pets or reading how we have to accept them as if they were a third party in a relationship. Pets are cool. Dogs, cats. hamsters, birds...etc but we want to meet and get to know you. Not Fluffy or Spike or whatever you call them. Also, they are not children. That's just a stupid thing to think, especially to those of that actually raised kids, or more importantly, raised them as single parents.
4) The point of online dating is to actually write stuff on here so others that are interested can know a bit about you before we talk. Not taking the time to actually write a profile shows 1) you think your looks are enough to carry you through life which explains why you are single or 2) You have no patience or possess some basic writing skills. Both not very desirable in a match.
5) I am open to moving out of Vegas but not for 5-6 years. That's when my youngest is projected (in my mind) to graduate college and I hopefully achieve my goal of a PhD. Once my kids are on their own, I can breathe a sigh of relief that I have done my best to prepare them for life and spread my own wings.
So if you are interested in a simple guy that has his head on straight, drop me a line! . If I respond back, then I am interested. If I do not, I just do not want to waste our time as I feel we are not a good match. No need to write me with nasty messages when I do not though. Good luck in your search everyone!
I am more into family/outside activities. Having worked in nightclubs for 8+ years I have no desire to go to them and prefer to chill and relax at a local dive bar or explore new things to do. With the kids, I tend to do more family orientated activities in terms of movies and attraction type stuff. My preference for a first date would be eating, and doing something fun like bowling. Or if you are a daring type, we could go to a hockey game, drink beer, eat nachos and cheap hot dogs, and watch the fun! Love to watch sports live!
To send a message to taggin you MUST meet the following criteria:
Age between 27 and 50.
Live in United States
Live within 75 miles.
Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
You must have a picture to contact this user.
Must not be looking for Other Relationship
Must not be looking for Intimate Encounter
Must not do drugs