My nickname is "Half Day"..., it doesn't matter which twelve hours I work..., as along as I work a "half day", (literally), I'm good.
Top ten things I’ve learned while on Plenty of Fish:
10. A good picture and profile will get you noticed. (Everyone wants to see a recent, (within 6 months), portrait and full length photo).
9. When taking a self-portrait in the bathroom/bedroom mirror, look at what is in the background of your picture before posting.
8. No response means no interest.
7. Courageous is the word that best describes an online dater.
6. Check your spelling before posting a profile. (Use spell check liberally and often).
5. Separated means married.
4. When you send a first contact message…, it should be at least two sentences. These may be a comment about something within their profile or picture that caught your attention…, other than a physical feature.
3. If you find a "profile of interest"...., go ahead and make first contact. (Remember...., this is a FREE dating site...., keep your expectations and imagination in check with reality until you actually meet and begin to know one another).
2. Honesty in your full profile is a two way street….; you’re expecting it in the profile you’re viewing. (Enough said)!
1. Online dating can be enjoyable.
Ten things you should know about me:
10. I live in the real world where common sense isn’t as common as it used to be. I am financially conservative and liberal with my time and effort.
9. I’m 5’-10” tall, (in stocking feet), 190 lbs. (clothes on/shoes off), and believe myself to be on the “toned” side of PoF "average.
8. I am physically active the majority of each day.
7. I'm attracted to women similar to my age.
6. I am more the guy next door…, prefer the simple/country/suburban over the exciting-fast paced/city living.
5. I’ve been married only once..., for twenty three consecutive years.
4. I am emotionally and financial stable…, it is my desire that you could be also.
3. As a father of two teenage sons, (19/17), whom do not live with me full-time, I continue to assist preparing them to launch and succeed into post high school educations and adulthood.
2. As an advocate of individual responsibility..., respect and responsibility are two words that I model for myself. I believe in the power of paying it forward. Say what you mean…, mean what you say.
1. I am a “Gentleman”…; please don’t confuse me with being a “Nice Guy”.
Ten random things I’ve learned haven't worked for me in forming a long term relationship:
10. If your home has/had wheels under it.
9. If you have child (ren) WITH child (ren)…, living with you.
8. If your last relationship partner still lives with you…, or stops over frequently and unannounced to do their laundry/work on their car/get something to eat/watch a movie…., etc., because you’re still best friends…, and he has nowhere else to go.
7. If you are a “Born Again" Christian.
6. If you have a dog(s) that you have to bend down to pet or cat(s).
5. If you spend more than three times per week at any one extra-curricular activity such as Church, Bar, etc.
4. If your entire financial saving plan for retirement is dependent on winning a lottery.
3. If you have been convicted of a felony.
2. If you open your eyes in the morning, see the ceiling and think to yourself, ‘Damn…, another day to endure…., again”!!!
1. If you seek only eye candy to make your ex (es) jealous, LOL ..., (Hey..., it probably isn't going to work for you either).