Here we are. Our “Happily-Ever-After” ended too soon. We’ve healed from the drama; separated the “Me” from the “We” of our last relationship(s) and found equilibrium in our lives and found strength and courage to attempt another go.
Different from dating in our twenties…, in my age group…, most have decreasing responsibilities to immediate family members, maintain the family pets and the wonderful friendships we have cultivated over the years.
We seek the “spark” we may have experienced in our younger years, yet learned a second glance may best yield the “chemistry” that makes them the one person you desire to be with when falling asleep at night and crazy about waking up next to you in the morning. For many…, “a season” is all they wish or dream of attaining. Not for me…, I’m looking for someone to partner whom dreams to mature “a season” into a lifetime. To accomplish this, I seek to attempt beginning at the end and work backwards. As written in another’s PoF profile I viewed…, “I believe life is fuller spent with someone who shares a similar dream of the future”. What does your dream future look like? Will you live in the city/country…, perhaps multiple homes in different climates? Are you more likely to host or attend holiday events for family/friends? What are some of the things that remain on your bucket list? Travel…., where to?
My nickname is "Half Day"..., it doesn't matter which twelve hours I work..., as long as I work a "half day", life is good, (ie: I enjoy being active). Never been described as beige...., I am more of a quick-witted punster than a comedian.
I am comfortable in my independence, yet seek that elusive unique connection with just one woman…., willing to mutually mature a relationship beginning as friends. Looking for someone similar to my age has a genuine personality, down to earth; comfortable with the wind blowing through her hair or dressing up for a night on the town.
I am a “Gentleman”…; please don’t confuse me with being a “Nice Guy”. Rudyard Kipling's poem "IF" is an aspiration of mine. I am financially conservative while being liberal with my time and heart. I am emotionally stable; debt and drama free…, and believe in the power of paying it forward. I have traveled domestically and internationally; which has allowed me many unique experiences. Be it ever so humble..., there is no place like home. I am a critical thinker, listen more than speak, I say what I mean…, and mean what I say. I am quick to laugh, slow to anger….. I don’t get offended if we disagree.
I’ve been married only once..., for twenty three consecutive years and healed from the divorce over the last eight years. A father of two teenage sons, (20/18), whom do not live with me, I continue to assist preparing them to launch and succeed into post high school educations and adulthood. I’m not perfect…, but far from a work in progress…., you should be also.
Ten things I’ve learned while on Plenty of Fish:
10. A few good photos and a good profile will get you noticed. (Everyone would like to see a portrait and full length photo of you).
9. When taking a self-portrait in the bathroom/bedroom mirror, look at what is in the background of your picture before posting.
8. No response means no interest.
7. Courageous is the word that best describes an online dater.
6. Check your spelling before posting a profile. (Use spell check liberally and often).
5. Separated means married.
4. When you send a first contact message…, it should be at least two sentences. These may be a comment about something within their profile or picture that caught your attention…, other than a physical feature.
3. If you find a "profile of interest"...., go ahead and make first contact. (Remember...., this is a FREE dating site...., keep your expectations and imagination in check with reality until you actually meet and begin to know one another).
2. Honesty in your full profile is a two way street….; you’re expecting it in the profile you’re viewing. (Enough said)!
1. Online dating can be enjoyable.
Visit pofforums.com to learn from other peoples experiences.