What you see is what you get....., what you don't see is often better yet!
My nickname is "Half Day"..., it doesn't matter which twelve hours I work..., as long as I work a "half day", life is good, (ie: I enjoy being active). Never been described as beige...., I am more of a quick-witted punster than a comedian. In my free time my friends often find me biking, tooling around town in my topless Jeep or an evening drive in my convertible with the top down. Impromptu road trips often leads me toward bodies of water where one can easily be amused by the activities surrounding a busy public boat landing.
I am comfortable in my independence, yet seek that elusive unique connection with just one woman…., willing to mutually mature a relationship beginning as friends. I am not here to sample the vast variety of the flavors being offered. Looking for someone similar to my age has a genuine personality, down to earth; comfortable with the wind blowing through her hair or dressing up for a night on the town.
I am a “Gentleman”…; please don’t confuse me with being a “Nice Guy”. Rudyard Kipling's poem "IF" is an aspiration of mine. I am financially conservative while being liberal with my time and heart. I am emotionally stable; debt and drama free…, and believe in the power of paying it forward. I have traveled domestically and internationally; which has allowed me many unique experiences. Be it ever so humble..., there is no place like home. I am a critical thinker, listen more than speak, I say what I mean…, and mean what I say. I am quick to laugh, slow to anger….. I don’t get offended if we disagree.
I’ve been married only once..., for twenty three consecutive years and healed from the divorce over the last eight years. A father of two teenage sons, (20/18), whom do not live with me, I continue to assist preparing them to launch and succeed into post high school educations and adulthood. I’m not perfect…, but far from a work in progress…., you should be also.
Ten things I’ve learned while on Plenty of Fish:
10. A few good photos and a good profile will get you noticed. (Everyone would like to see a portrait and full length photo of you).
9. When taking a self-portrait in the bathroom/bedroom mirror, look at what is in the background of your picture before posting.
8. No response means no interest.
7. Courageous is the word that best describes an online dater.
6. Check your spelling before posting a profile. (Use spell check liberally and often).
5. Separated means married.
4. When you send a first contact message…, it should be at least two sentences. These may be a comment about something within their profile or picture that caught your attention…, other than a physical feature.
3. If you find a "profile of interest"...., go ahead and make first contact. (Remember...., this is a FREE dating site...., keep your expectations and imagination in check with reality until you actually meet and begin to know one another).
2. Honesty in your full profile is a two way street….; you’re expecting it in the profile you’re viewing. (Enough said)!
1. Online dating can be enjoyable.
Visit pofforums.com to learn from other peoples experiences.