A short list of the most frequent disqualifiers to assist those that are “Window Shopping”.:
- I am NOT six foot tall or taller
- I DO NOT earn a six figure income nor an entrepreneur
- I DO NOT have a Thin or Athletic body type.
- I DO NOT own or fly airplanes.
- I DO NOT own or pilot yahts. (Note: The men I know that DO meet all of the above criteria are married and/or do not use dating sites to meet people...., even if the site is FREE).
- I DO NOT own or ride motorcycles.
- I DO NOT have any tattoos or piercings.
- I DO NOT have a criminal record, nor do those I refer to as my friends.
Despite these facts....., I have never been describe as Beige.
I am more of a quick-witted punster than a comedian. My nickname is "Half Day"..., it doesn't matter which twelve hours I work..., as long as I work a "half day", life is good. My New Year’s resolution for 2014: No longer will I short sheet the bed of my hosts when attending a house party nor leave framed pictures of myself amongst their family photos. I will host a "pie party"...., everybody must bring their favorite pie to share. (Fruit pie, Shepard’s pie, pizza pie....).
I’ve been married only once..., for twenty three consecutive years and divorce for seven. A father of two teenage sons, (19/17), whom do not live with me, I continue to assist preparing them to launch and succeed into post high school educations and adulthood.
I am comfortable in my independence, yet seek that elusive unique connection with just one woman…., willing to mutually mature a relationship.
I am not here to sample the vast variety of the flavors being offered.
I am financially conservative while being liberal with my time and effort.
I am emotionally stable, debt free…, and believe in the power of paying it forward.
I am a critical thinker, listen more than speak, I say what I mean…, and mean what I say.
I am quick to laugh, slow to anger….. I don’t get offended if we disagree
I am a “Gentleman”…; please don’t confuse me with being a “Nice Guy”.
I'm attracted to women more similar to my age.
Rudyard Kipling's poem "IF" is an aspiration of mine
I have traveled domestically and internationally; which has allowed me many unique experiences. Be it ever so humble..., there is no place like home.
Ten things I’ve learned while on Plenty of Fish:
10. A few good photos and a good profile will get you noticed. (Everyone would like to see a portrait and full length photo of you).
9. When taking a self-portrait in the bathroom/bedroom mirror, look at what is in the background of your picture before posting.
8. No response means no interest.
7. Courageous is the word that best describes an online dater.
6. Check your spelling before posting a profile. (Use spell check liberally and often).
5. Separated means married.
4. When you send a first contact message…, it should be at least two sentences. These may be a comment about something within their profile or picture that caught your attention…, other than a physical feature.
3. If you find a "profile of interest"...., go ahead and make first contact. (Remember...., this is a FREE dating site...., keep your expectations and imagination in check with reality until you actually meet and begin to know one another).
2. Honesty in your full profile is a two way street….; you’re expecting it in the profile you’re viewing. (Enough said)!
1. Online dating can be enjoyable.
Visit pofforums.com to learn from other peoples experiences.