As an entrepreneur, I decided to use my web design, graphic design and finance background to start my own private jet company, as aviation and travel are big passions of mine. I strive to be the greatest me that I can be every day. You'll never hear me saying I'm bored, ever. Always doing something, always learning, always challenging myself to see what I can accomplish and always helping others. I know next to nothing about celebrities, but I know a lot about philanthropic endeavors by billionaires and other charitable business magnates, as I want to emulate them. I enjoy having really long, fulfilling days. I love NYC.
aSmallWorld / BestofAllWorlds: Ask
Kik: are you 12 years old or what
No, viksra is not my name. My name is Amir. Amir means "Prince" or "leader" in Arabic. No, I'm not Arab. I was born and raised in New York, and my background is Italian, Pakistani and Portuguese. Quite a mix, I know.
- I have never tried any drugs.
- I have never smoked (anything).
- I have never drank (the pic of me at the bar, I was drinking soda).
- I have never had coffee (even though I love the smell of coffee, I like to keep my teeth white (and straight)).
- I have never played the lotto (it is a waste of time and money).
- I love the smell of jet fuel and the smell of airports
- I love making websites and growing online communities (I ran a social network in 2003 with 54,000 members before Facebook and MySpace existed)
- I love long walks (my "long walks" are longer than most... I regularly walk 2 miles or more a day, and occasionally I'll walk upwards of 15-20 miles in a day).
- I love sightseeing (I like going in areas without paths or signs)
- I love challenging activities (physical and mental)
- I love rooftop views and other places with beautiful views
- I love spontaneity (I once went to Coney Island at 10 PM on a Friday night to see fireworks and stayed there until 3 PM the next day. Listened to a guy on the boardwalk play along his bass/electric guitar with some songs, with the waves crashing in the background at 2 AM. It was like a private concert for myself. Also saw a beautiful sunrise).
- I was a drummer
- I like all sorts of music, as long as it's not screamo, gospel or too countryish
- - - - A few favorites: Dream Theater, Tool, Disagree Band, Deadmau5, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Queen, Bob Marley, U2
- I took 5 & 1/2 years of Italian and 1/2 year of Spanish
- I have been in a bunch of newspapers and magazines
- I have been to Toronto 12 or 13 times, Boston, London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels, Abu Dhabi, Cairo, Riyadh, Jeddah, Lahore, Karachi, India... next trips: Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Montreal, Mali, Ghana, Hong Kong, Thailand, Sydney, Berlin and UK again
My life is like a great movie.
- I have worked at a private jet company where I worked in sales, then IT Director, then Apprentice/Executive Assistant
- I have worked at a creative advertising agency on Madison Avenue (the type of agency you see on MadMen) doing marketing data analytics
- I have worked at a healthcare-focused equity hedge fund with a team of brilliant people (Ivy Leagues, PhDs, etc)
- I have worked as a professional high-end photo retoucher/digital MUA, editing photos for product launches and magazines
- I have worked as a web designer
- I have worked as a business consultant for restaurants and limousine businesses
- I have even delivered pizza around the city while wearing a suit and tie, for fun
No job is beneath me, and no job is above me. I get things done.