Witty, articulate, educated, intelligent, and passionate dog dad seeks female adventure partner. Having been through the family court ringer years ago, I have no desire to give it another go, but I am looking for the company of an above average woman.
What do I mean by "above average?" It's a good question. Here's the rub:
1. Moderately fit. I am active and you need to be able to keep up. No smokers.
2. Considered attractive.
3. Free from mental illness, which includes not having one to begin with, nor being medicated for them.
4. Either "no kids" or "all my children are out of the home." It may sound selfish, but if we're going to spend our time together, I'm going to give you my attention and I expect the same in return.
5. You are probably in your early to mid thirties. It's flexible, to a degree, on either end. It depends on you.
6. Self-supporting, just like I am. It doesn't mean I won't spend money on you, but it does mean you don't "expect" me to pay for things just because I'm a man. If I like you, I will- but if you expect it, we're already going down a road that I won't travel.
7. A passion for life, adventure, and fine food from around the world- within reason.
8. You must like dogs, as I am an avid dog lover.
9. Diverse sense of humor.
10. Have greater interests in life than the latest crap on the tube. Honestly, if you like watching shows like "Armenian Whorehouse" (aka Kicking it with the Kardashians) or any of the feminist-cajoling programs on Lifetime network, I can tell you we aren't on the same wavelength.
11. Have moved beyond organized religion. It's solely about controlling people and the truth is usually different than what the promoters of organized religion would have you believe. (If you're on the cusp of this, that's cool, too)
12. An education helps- we will be having intellectual conversations about current events, history, science, social issues, the future of our species, and many others.
13. Aren't interested in having children.
14. Enjoy motorcycles. I ride.
15. Enjoy older music, such as music from the 70's and 80's. If you simply cannot live without loud rap music, we don't match. I keep a television in my home, but it is connected to a DVD player and I don't have cable- on purpose. I use the TV as a learning tool, with the occasional movie thrown in.
16. Traditionally minded. In a nutshell, if you're a fan of many of the big names in modern feminism, don't waste your time here. We would fast become "not friends" once I say my piece on the subject.
17. Tattoo-free (this one is negotiable).
18. Enjoy passion, if you catch my drift.
So, that's it in a nutshell.... and covers most of the stuff I find important. It may seem like a long list, but perhaps you'll understand when I say that I would rather inform you up front than to have you find out after we have both invested our time in whatever this becomes.
If we decide, after we meet over coffee, that our time together is worth investigating.... I'll plan something that we both find meaningful.