Hey there. My name is Skylar. I'm 22 as of March. A lot of people see that and assume I'm like a lot of the stereotypical 22 year olds. The ones who like to drink and go out and party all the time. That's not me. I enjoy a few drinks sometimes, but I don't go overboard with it. I am also not looking to hook up. That's not what I'm looking for here.
Now that that little disclaimer is out of the way a little about myself..I moved up to this area in March of last year and am loving it so far. I'm getting settled into life here now and am looking to start meeting new people, which is why I'm here.
I am always going to be myself. I don't change the way I speak, look or act for people. I realize that I may not be what you are looking for, likewise you may not be what I am looking for. Either way I wish you luck and hope everyone out there finds what they're looking for.
I love volleyball. I played for 10 years and have been coaching for almost 4 years. Volleyball was a huge part of my life in Arizona, but I'm finding it a bit difficult integrating it into my life here, though I am trying. Photography is another big hobby of mine. Nothing too special. I just do it for myself because I love it. I really enjoy portraits and nature. Hiking goes along with the nature photography. You never know what you could run into out there and what beauty you might find.
I'm very close with my family. They are a very important part of my life and I don't see that ever changing. They've helped to make me who I am today. I would do anything for them (including my pets).
Some random facts about myself (That could be used as a possible ice breaker):
- I love cheesy jokes. Like the kind you find on a Laffy Taffy wrapper. They are one of my favorite things and can almost always get me laughing.
- I enjoy movies. I can generally find something to watch in any genre.
- Some of my favorite smells are rain, candles, and fresh baked cookies.
- Driving is (almost) always enjoyable for me as long as I have some good music and/or good company.
- I grew up in a big city (Phoenix) and am worlds happier in this small town.
- I love music. I am constantly listening to it and will listen to anything that catches my ear.
- Getting lost in a good book can make any day a little better.
- I can act like a little kid sometimes, and I enjoy it. For example.. I get excited when I see animals or butterflies or a cool looking toy store. I will always be a bit of a child at heart.
- I have my quirks, as everyone else does, and getting to know them is a part of getting to know me.
I'd continue but getting to know someone is part of the fun. If you'd like to know anything else feel free to ask away. :)
P.S. I'm a little shy at first so don't be alarmed by it. And besides..once I get to know someone that tends to go away. For the most part.
P.P.S. I've noticed many people around here are into hunting. I don't mind if you hunt. Just so long as you don't make me kill anything or touch anything that's already dead.