I am a VERY family minded young man who would like nothing more than to find someone I'm compatible with to journey together with me on this adventure we call life. I'm looking for someone who realizes that I'm not perfect, doesn't expect me to be, but is willing to love me anyways :).
I come from a family of almost 30 children and was raised "old school". I was taught to respect my elders, say please and thank you, and to never be afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I may be shy around girls but I am not that way in almost every other aspect of my life, in fact, I am actually a silly, fun loving, extravert with a unique charisma. I LOVE exploring and go on hikes as often as possible and have always dreamed of being with someone who would enjoy going exploring with me. Of course I am also a total nerd (duh lol) and the idea of a girl who will get into the occasional evening of playing video games with me is a huge turn on. Hey, I may be all about responsibility, hard work, and planning for the future, but I like to have fun too ;)! However I have to admit that I don't care much for drinking (for the most part) and have outgrown the whole "party scene" years ago. I do enjoy a good bonfire though and am not afraid to get a little wild on occasion :).
I am not looking for a casual fling or booty call, but rather a true best friend. Someone who will play in the rain with me, giggle over things that make no sense, be a cuddle bug (just like me), or simply sit and talk. I am not into aggressiveness and negativity in a relationship and believe with all of my heart that good communication is crucial. A relationship is nothing unless both people know they can rely on each other to be open and honest about what ever is on their mind, knowing that the other will truly listen. I have a saying: "Love is like a garden. Any fool can plant a seed but only through constant attention and nourishment can it become something remarkably beautiful."
I have an 12 year old son whom I love more dearly than my very existence, despite the fact that we share no blood ties. He lives with his mother right now and he visits less often then I would like, but my home will always be open to him. If having him in my life means a lifetime of loneliness for me than that is a sacrifice I am proud to make. Many fathers have no problem abandoning their children... I am not one of them.
I am not a rich man by any means. In fact I am in the process of rebuilding my life from the ground up after a huge financial blow late last year, but I am no slacker and am springing back better than ever with a great new job, more money, plenty of opportunity for advancement, and more importantly, a new lease on life. I have many plans for creating a secure and happy future and even dream of one day of owning and operating a family business, but that is a conversation for another time...
My dreams are simple, home brew Americana. Stability, happiness, peace, love, security. All I want in life is to be able to sit on our porch swing with my loving wife, both of us old and grey. That's it. Nothing more. Just sitting there talking about how great it was to watch our kids grow up and have families of their own. All of the stuff in between now and then we can fill in as we go. :)
Ok, I've talked about my dreams and aspirations but that is only part of the story, isn't it? Here are some of the little quirks, values, faults, and plain ridiculousness that make up who I am.
- I love being alive and am fascinated by the simplest things. Sometimes it can be almost comical how thrilled I can get over the most mundane things.
- I think pettiness, bigotry, and rudeness are signs of weakness.
- I am just as nuts as the rest of the world, in my own way.
- I don't really get angry or lose my temper. (weird right?)
- Music is awesome no matter what the genre, as long as it was skillfully written.
- Cuddling Rocks!
- I would fit in perfectly as a character on the tv show Big Bang Theory.
- I catch myself cussing like a sailor all of the time.
- Dogs are better companions than cats... but I still consider myself a cat person.
- I do not give up on something simply because it's difficult.
- This country boy can survive!
- I have no problem laughing at myself.
- Making fun of other people in NOT cool and does not impress me!
- I daydream, act silly, talk nonsense, and do things for no reason other than impulse...
- I put ever ounce of my soul into a relationship. This is not a weakness, nor is it easy so please don't prey upon it.
- I love being a nerd!!!
- My "type" is a simple girl. A little shy, mixed with a cup off dorkiness, a splash of artsy, liberally topped with family values.
- I take professionalism at work seriously.
- My dating history is limited to a small handful, but nearly all of them lasted 2 or more years.
- I have never nor would ever hit a girl or cheat.
- I do not date girls I work with.
- I love Mexican food, even if my tummy disagrees with me lol.
- My cell phone sucks (getting a new one after I buy new my car)
- I am ridiculously attracted to the underdog.
- I believe in God, but not organized religion.
- Lady Gaga is not a man.
- My favorite color is purple.
- Self expression is very important to me. Whether I'm writing a song or simply talking to someone I love.
- My writing style is FAR more fancy than the way I actually talk, which is kinda cooky sometimes lol.
- I have been single for over 2 years now. (sucks, I know.)
- If you can break it, I can fix it. Unless I break it even more of course lol. XD
- I'm very open minded, and my perception of the world is constantly evolving, but I am also equally as stubborn at times.
- I don't want to have to grow up but the universe is making me anyways.:( I want to kick it in the shins!
- ... To be continued.
Ps. If you got the Princess Bride reference in my headline then you may be on the right track (love that movie lol)