I am not sure how this whole internet dating thing is from the female perspective but for the guys who are actually looking for something other than a one night stand, it is a warzone! We are battling through the 70 messages that you get per day just to get a reply. This is exactly why I have a picture of me with a baby and a puppy in my pics. You might say that I play dirty but hey, isn’t the saying “All is fair in love and war and internet dating” (or something like that)??? AND you all have cleavage pics…. I would say that we’re both fighting fire with fire !
I must admit that I’ve had mixed experiences with the online dating scene. Guys and girls seem to completely miss each other's marks on here. The female profiles seem to state obvious facts...your family is important and you’re looking for honesty/a good heart, blah, blah, blah. On the flip side, I can't even imagine what ya'll have to endure. It must be fun wading through the “hey babyyy” messages and shirt off in the mirror pics...All just to find a guy who has a job and who isn’t a serial killer. There has to be some middle ground somewhere. Thus far, online dating has been "Press a button and go on a date" type feel with something missing overall. What I mean is the dates that I have been on haven't been horrible... they just haven't been what I am looking for…. Yet. All sarcasm aside, I really would love to find someone to spend time and share my life with!
Alright...now time for my incredibly cliche description, especially after the above paragraph :) However, I believe that there are only so many things you can do to a profile and still stay within the realm of a "profile". I graduated from Mizzou with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. I consider myself a "Jack of All Trades" in the social realms and can thrive just as well at a five-star business dinner as I can on a float trip. I am a small business owner in West County. 90% of the time, I am a true extrovert/class clown/funny man type who enjoys making people laugh above all else. The other 10%....there is a bit of introvert hiding behind a big personality. I am a "dog person" and identify with the same. "Cat people" are horrible cuddlers ;)
The full on bar scene just isn't me anymore.... but I am not ready for certified adulthood either. I am just seeing who is out there and what taking a chance could bring.