I'm a 31 year old male, living in the DMV for a year now, freelance artist and writer (been working on a series, and starting my first attempt at writing an actual book this year). Thanks to my upbringing not what you would consider the "typical black guy" which I love cause I've always prided myself on being "just me". Currently working for Uncle Sam or the "MAN" as he's sometimes called (guy's gotta eat right, and he gives some damn good benefits ). No kids (but I love them), no pets (but I love them), no g/f (can't live with them, can't live without them right). Laid back, self proclaimed smart ass with a heart of gold, military brat, and former skateboarder. I find myself on POF looking for an awesome young lady to spaz out with, run through the streets at night with, dance to random music with, have adventures, oh and most importantly discover how true love can be your best friend, soul mate, side kick, crush and occasional football rival all in one :)
And in case you were wondering about the name, once upon a time long long ago I was going to be a professional wrestler. That's when the name Johnny Turbo was given to me. My career ambitions have changed over the years, but luckily the nickname stuck.
Now here's some fun facts about yours truly....
1. Can't have enough vintage t-shirts, Adidas shoes, super hero crap, or juice (so what I really like juice, don't judge me).
2. Thinks it's cute when girls make silly, goofy, or all around corny jokes (and if I bust out the Eddie Murphy laugh then you nailed it).
3. Can hold my liquor better than you (wait we're not drinking tequila are we).
4. Can sometimes be competitive (see #3.)
5. Pretend I have my own cooking show when I cook (it's only weird if someone is watching).
6. Wants to have a wife and be a dad one day (no mini vans though).
7. Sometimes cries at the movies (no seriously this movie theater is really dusty).
8. Does a great teddy bear impression for cuddling, hugs, and sad times (no I'm not crying again)
9. Squeals with joy when I discover an awesome new Indie Rock band, Hip Hop, or EDM artist (like a fat kid at a pizza party).
10. Obsessed with rollercoasters and amusement parks (it's no fun unless I have a panic attack in line).
Gotta kinda decide each first date depending on the type of person you're taking out. With that in mind it should be something in a public setting (no apartments, back alleyways, abandoned warehouses, or anywhere else that makes you seem like a creeper ), sorry bad joke. No but it should be public, comfortable environment, something that allows you to have fun, have some great conversations, and maybe even learn something new. I'm cool with chilled first dates but I do like to be thoughtful and romantic too. Always an awesome idea when you can do something that has some special significance to that woman.
But if I had to pick a good idea for a date off the top of my head, then maybe a trip to the zoo followed up with a picnic, duck feeding, and maybe a little hand holding in the park. Hope that's not too corny, and no I'm not a cheapskate cause I love going out for a nice meal, movie, and topped off with a few drinks to end the night. But I've learned sometimes in life when all the money, glitz, and glamor are washed away the simple things are what our hearts and souls generally want to hold on to. Oh and yeah Rollercoasters are a close second ;)