It was a crisp Fall Friday morning, and I was preparing to head up to Tahoe to sing at a Match.com wedding. The bride was an old friend from high school, and she had re-written the lyrics to Taylor Swift’s “Love Story.” She delivered to me, a long rambling several pages of “lyrics.” I spent the next few weeks slashing through words with a blade, attempting to sculpt metered poetry out of a blob of letters, while still preserving the integrity of her intended message to her groom.
Upon reviewing my work, the bride was thrilled. Oy vey. But GREAT! I couldn’t ask for more. I would put on my showman’s hat. I would go--- and I would sing --- with a smile--- and hope to GOD the captive audience found it amusing. I would sing the rhyme, “Heart” and “arm fart”, like it was a seamless love song. Lord have mercy on my soul. ((hangs head in shame))
I am here to find MY match. I want a relationship.I want a husband.And yes, I want my own child. I am here because the proof is above. It works! I am determined to close this chapter in my life. It’s officially time to move on from this place. And if I’ve emailed you, it’s because something you’ve written has resonated with me… that, and I think you’re pretty. ;-)
Who am I?
I sing, I write songs with a partner, and I record music. I love musicians, but not the pot. I'm logical, rational and mathematically minded. My mind works quickly, and I see many answers to one seemingly simple question. So my next question is, "What do you mean?" I slip in quick one-liners. I'm educated, and self sufficient. I have an old-world upbringing by a Greek family. That directly conflicts with my independent nature and left-leaning-views... Take me or leave me. I always make an impression. All of that is who I am. And I won't apologize for it, because I rather like me. I hope you like you. Because I'll see it if you don't.
***It is important to me that you are as grounded as I am. Don’t get me wrong… I can be as goofy as they come… I do have a background in musical theatre after all… that doesn’t just go away. But I know how to be an adult, and how to be stable and responsible. I’m just looking for someone who’s come as far as I have and knows what he wants in life. Educated, employed, and I cannot stress AGE APPROPRIATE enough. He’s ready for a monogamous relationship and a family, and he’s ready to make it happen, hopefully, with me! Let’s meet sooner rather than later, shall we?***
1) I will not respond to personal email addresses immediately. Too many scammers out there.If you have only 1 photo with sunglasses and a hat on, and a one-word profile, I will not respond. You have plenty to go on from me. I expect the same so that I know you’re real.
2) You MUST be age-appropriate. MUST. BE. AGE. APPROPRIATE. PLEEEEEASE!
3) I am not pot friendly. Sorry. I’m not against pot… I just don’t want it in my life. I truly Truly hate the smell. Truly. Blecxh. Wince.
4) I am monogamous to the core. I'm looking for the same. If that statement hasn't sent you running, then we're off to a great start in this crazy world of online dating.
5) I have not given up the idea of starting a family. If you don’t want one, please don’t try to convince me otherwise. It ain’t over ‘till it’s over.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I am soooo bad at planning dates... I come from a long line of micromanagers... so I'd just as soon leave the planning to someone else. Therefore I humbly leave that in your hands. I'd like to stay away from extreme sports on the first date, but ya know... I'm pretty open to suggestions.