I have SO many loves in my life... I love being creative and making things - jewelry, outfits, accessories, photography, collage. etc! I love practicing yoga and meditation.. it centers and grounds me. I love to share this practice with others - teaching yoga classes whenever I can. I write a blog about life and yoga philosophy... I have found that inspiring and helping others, inspires and helps me in turn. I love being outdoors in nature.. the ocean, the forest, the desert, the mountains. I love to camp, hike, walk my dog, snowboard, swim, rock climb - whatever activity I can do that is outside basically! I love to dance and move my body - I'm a belly dance and hula hoop dancer and performer.. but also enjoy just dancing to music with my friends all night long. I love my French Bulldog.. he makes me laugh and smile all the time, bringing so much happiness into my life!
I love going to festivals, especially Burning Man - I have been 3 times, and the culture is a big part of my life. I also like to go to any Burner style festival that goes on throughout the year to keep the energy going! Music is central to my life as well.. I have a pretty eclectic taste ranging from reggae to Indie Rock to Electronic and Drum n Bass! Just not crazy about anything super mainstream/ top 40, Hardcore Metal/ Scream-o, Gangsta Rap, or Country.
I live a pretty healthy lifestyle - I really enjoy making fresh squeezed juices, and smoothies. I was vegetarian for 10 years, and recently decided to add white meat into my diet, so I'll eat fish, chicken and turkey mostly. The bottom line is that I LOVE veggies! Vegetables, fruit and whole grains make up most of my diet, and I'll just eat lean meats occasionally. I do drink some alcohol, but mainly enjoy a glass of wine or beer with dinner, or just relaxing after work. I'm really trying to not drink to get drunk anymore... can't deal with the hangovers anymore!
I have 5 tattoos, and counting! Each one has some sort of important or very spiritual significance to me. I am planning on getting at least 5 more - not gigantic full body ones, but they will mainly be on my arms. If you have tattoos, even better! But they better be good ones... I'm really not into bad/cheesy tribal tattoos or tons of lettering etc. I have my nose and belly button pierced.. I like piercings on guys too, but no metal-faces!
I love to travel, and I have been all over the world - I even lived in England for 3 years when I was finishing up college, and I got to travel all over Europe, including taking several road trips through the continent - SO epic!!! I visited India twice, got to see many sacred sites, hike in the Himalayas, and study yoga at an ashram.
My ideal guy would have these characteristics:
- has a strong body/mind connection
- enjoys regular physical activity of some kind (gym, martial arts, biking, yoga, climbing etc) and takes good care of their body
- eats a healthy diet (not a huge meat eater or fast food addict)
- knows how to cook, and massage :)
- not a huge competitive sports fan (playing or watching)
- loves the outdoors and has a spiritual connection to nature
- understanding and sensitive listener and compassionate yet honest communicator
- has a great taste in music, and listens to a variety of music
- is some kind of artist or musician, or has own creative passions
- financially secure (doesn't have to make a ton of $, just be stable)
- allows me to have my space when i need it (non-clingy)
- has his own interests/hobbies and lots of friends, but also wants to share some of mine with me too
- loves animals, especially dogs!
- open minded, likes to try new things
- good sense of humor
Ultimately, I am looking for someone to share all this love with me and have a family. I have SO much love to give, and when I fall in love again, I want it to be forever. I really am looking for the right person though, and I am not playing games! I'm sure you can tell, but I am actually really picky, and this comes from years of dating and figuring out what it is that I want and do not want from a partner. First things first though, I must be physically attracted to you, and you must engage my mind somehow - either with art, music, spirituality, or philosophy. I also like a guy who is decisive and comes up with fun ideas for adventures we can go on, and new things to try etc.