After dating some non-Christian men, I finally realize it doesn’t work. All of the men I dated believed in God or a God, even prayed occasionally, but they didn’t go to church. I am not a holy roller! But going to church teaches you valuable lessons in life, keeps you on track, and there is a certain accountability to ourselves, others, and God. A good Christian Church will create bonds, new family members of brothers and sisters, God’s children. When you get off track, they will help you find your way back to the Lord through God’s Word and prayer. Without having a regular relationship with the Lord, you can expect to have chaos in your life. When God is not present in your life, temptation may be. If you don’t believe in God, then you live without hope, faith, reason, or purpose, and won’t feel the need to be held accountable for your actions because it doesn’t matter. By believing in God and following God’s Word, we believe there is something more powerful than ourselves and consequences for our actions. If you know this, it helps to keep you in check. If you live by this, it helps bring peace, stability, and happiness to your life.
Many men are just looking for sex, non-committal relationships. It doesn’t work because our thoughts control our feelings. Having sex creates bonds and arouses feelings. As these feelings grow, you will want some kind of commitment. If one person feels something and the other not, somebody is bound to get hurt. These non-committal relationships may provide moments of instant gratification, but it is an empty and dark lifestyle that leads to no real peace or happiness.
I need a Christian man that:
1) knows the love of God so he can truly love me too!
2) I can love, honor, respect, cherish, dance, sing, laugh, and do other fun activities with, and go to church with me.
3) will make time for me! A man that works to live, not lives to work. No workaholics please!
4) can turn off or silence his phone and give me his full undivided attention. He must also be affectionate, passionate, compassionate, and can appreciate me for the things I do for him.
5) turns to the Lord when you hit the bumps in the road, or faces temptation and can use that power of the Holy Spirit to walk away from it.
6) can humble himself and ask for forgiveness when he is wrong.
7) thanks God for his blessings. Giving thanks is a positive act that promotes positive feelings.
8) can accept me and love me as I am with all my flaws. I know that I am not perfect, I’m humble,
but I do try to be a good, honest, loving, loyal, affectionate, passionate, and compassionate person.
I am not afraid to tell my friends and family that I love them too! I have learned that the most valuable thing in life is our relationships: that with God and other people. Anything else is second.
I finally understand why you put God first. The Lord is our rock and our foundation, and there will be times when people will fail us, that’s what makes us human, God will never fails us! He is always here for us because he loves us, and he will get you through the hard times.
It’s my greatest hope to find a good Christian man, share a mutual love, get married again, and create beautiful memories.