If you get my video game reference, we're off to a good start! :) Hmm...how to start? Instead of the typical 'good stuff', let's do something different and go through some of what I think my possible deal breaker qualities are first. It's kind of a way to get to know me, right?
1) I'm not your stereotypical lesbian. If anything, I think I utterly fail at being a stereotypical lesbian. Seriously, take my license away. It doesn't mean that I completely ignore, don't appreciate, haven't partaken, watched, read, listen to or care about the things one thinks a stereotypical lesbian does but to be honest, it's not the first thing that defines me as a person. It kind of sucks because even if I do go to events like Pride, I kinda feel like I'm not gay enough. I thought being a lesbian just defined who I wanted to be with, not who I am or what my life style is?
2) What I do definitely and comfortably define myself as is a geek. Utterly and unabashedly. And love it. I've ventured the lands of Azeroth, Middle-earth, Westeros, Panem and more. I've crewed seasoned ships such as Serenity, Galactica, Millennium Falcon, Enterprise and strangely a blue police box that was somehow smaller on the outside. Even crossed the Pacific Ocean to gaze upon giant mechs, busses that look like multi-legged cats and warring ninja & samurai.
3) I'm also a gamer, a subset of being a geek. I currently own an Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PS Vita and have aims to build a new gaming rig. I actually have my name in the credits of two video games. But while it is a fun pastime, I do know what the great outdoors is. Just kinda sucks right now because my knees are recovering from tendonitis. Also, while I never played D&D, A or otherwise, I have ShadowRun'd and such. Some dices, a pen and some paper never hurt nobody.
4) I'm a total tomboy. Jeans, tees and sneakers are my chosen armor but I will 'suit up' myself for special occasions and/or events. I'm trying to get more comfortable on my longboard. I've loosed arrows and aimed down the sights of guns at target ranges. And I drive stick shift. Okay, maybe that last one doesn't factor in.
5) I have a kid-like enthusiasm for life because I am a big kid. I still love Disney & Pixar movies, watching cartoons (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are AWESOME), collecting toys & figurines, dressing up for Halloween, themed festivals & fairs (Charles ickens-Day (had to pig latin that to have it make any sense...) Christmas Fair is my favorite!), love ice cream & milkshakes in the dead of winter, get starry eyed during meteor showers & firework displays, still want to go to Disneyland all the time and much, much more...
6) I have two adorable girl rats for pets. I've had dogs and have a cat but it's at my mom's since one of my roommates is allergic. :( But I love my two little furry gals and carrying them on my shoulders. Sorry if they squick you out but they're here to stay.
7) As for vices, when I say I will date someone who smokes, I should specify that I mean no cigarettes. At least, not on any sort of regular basis. It's the smell and how it penetrates and lingers in/on everything it touches. My parents smoked and I just can't stand it. Hookah is fine as I smoke it periodically myself but generally, breathing in smokes is not the most healthy of pastimes...
If you haven't started mashing the Back button on your browser and actually want to know more, by all means, send a message my way. There's a lot more to me and if you'll give me a chance, I'd be happy to share it with you.
I'm still getting to know the area of where I'm living right now so my knowledge of good food and entertainment is kind of weak, and really, it depends on what I think I'm clicking with the most with my date as far as interests go, but I do like the traditional dinner and movie date. I also like meeting for coffee or tea at a local cafe, followed by a walk through what is hopefully a charming downtown or boardwalk/marina area. I admit, it's been a while since I've been on a date so I'm pretty rusty but in general, I just like something that will allow for some good conversation.