Let me walk you through my typical Friday since I only teach through Thursday,
I wake up around 9 or 10 usually. Force of habit, I'm not a late sleeper. The first thing I do is put on athletic clothes and go for a quick run. Nothing too intense, but I love to feel myself moving. I'll get home, start my coffee, and walk into the shower for 10 or 15 minutes. I get out, pour myself a cup of coffee, cook myself breakfast, and sit on my porch and just enjoy life.
I'll usually walk inside, do some mundane chores that need to be done, play with my two kittens for a bit, and try to knock off a few episodes of some TV show that I need to get through. Every now and then I switch this up with a movie. Fairly often this will happen outside because I love being outside.
Next, I either walk into town or drive to the grocery store to grab whatever I need to for the night and bother my friends still working. I'm a very social person, so every now and then I make a few new friends along the way. I've also made a lot of great friends with the regulars at some of the pubs, so I'll usually stop in for a beer or two.
Finally, I sit down to a nice dinner I either make myself or occasionally order. I sit on my porch, enjoying the meal and usually some alcoholic concoction from my extensive liquor cabinet and a pipe. I relax until the night begins, in which my house is slowly filled with the great friends I've made over the years. I light up the barbecue, cook some great meals, share some alcohol, play some games, smoke some hookah, and enjoy life until the crowd dwindles and I go to bed as happy as I started off the day.
In real life, I'm a pretty laid back but busy guy. The stress of life never weighs me down, but I always find myself doing a million things. Currently, my nights end in the following:
- A casual bar with friends
- A random drive somewhere I've never been before
- Falling asleep way too early for someone my age and waking up at 4 in the morning with a simple "Well damn"
- Cooking anything and everything. I'm a pretty good cook if I do say so myself, especially with Mexican. Also, my key lime pie wins everything
- Gaming, usually on PC these days
- Trying to figure out where the hell I lost my wallet/keys/phone. Seriously, this has been a multi-day endeavor far too many times.
- Seeing what new concoction I can create with my liquor cabinet
- Listening to either old music to reflect or new music to associate new memories with
- Watching some new movie/TV show/documentary
- Board game nights with friends
- Getting way too much of an adrenaline rush watching soccer/football/hockey. Most often soccer, followed closely by hockey.
- Going for a random walk in some direction to see where I end up, especially if I need to clear my head
- Reading a book to cross off one from the ever growing list
- Discussing politics/life/etc with good friends
- Trying to learn something new about the world, especially when science is involved. My degree is in biochemistry. As hellish as it was at times, I love it and always will.
*Disclaimer: A significant amount of the above options can involve my two cats, Inara and Hobbes. Bonus points if you know where both names come from.
I'll be up front, I'm very happy with who I am and where I am in life. My personality and self confidence have been carved from years of trial and error, but I wouldn't change my past for anything in the world. I've had a lot of experiences in this lifetime and my central motivation in life is simply to live it to the fullest. I'm perfectly happy where I'm at now and simply looking for new and cool people to add to the mix. If you're looking for something serious, you'll want to look elsewhere.
It's great weather, so I love getting outside and moving. Anything outdoors where we can talk is great. I'm never opposed to sharing a meal or drinks though, I love food. The key point though is I want to get to know you, so any options where we can talk are preferable.