I am a bundle of contradictions, but passionate in every aspect of my personality. My female friends describe me as a "hot geek," and I think that fits. I go to the gym daily, keep up with current events, lift far more than my own body weight, majored in literature, and can run a 10k in 38 minutes. I have all my teeth and have every reason to believe I should always have my hair. I supposedly give great hugs, but I have no way to verify that for myself.
My interests range from epic novels to studying history or playing strategy games. I like using big words and I am a repository for random trivia. I have a quirky and dry sense of humor that allows me to make most people laugh pretty easily, although some people take a little time to get used to it. I fit in at a casual setting, a gym, or a black tie event. I like to consider myself a gentleman, so I open doors, always try to be polite, and turn on the passenger seat warmer in my car in the winter before I pick someone up. I am horrible at lying, so I don't even try. Family is extremely important to me. I'm very sensitive and very affectionate. I do have a bit of a "bad boy" side, but it sometimes takes a little coaxing to get it out.
I'm hoping to find someone who is a match for me in most respects, or at least someone with complimentary qualities, which is a large part of why I'm still single. I am not conceited, but I am selective. I have a lot going for me and I'd like to meet someone who has a lot going for her. I believe in the idea of two halves coming together to form one thing greater than the sum of their parts. I have a lot of great aspects to bring to a relationship, I'm financially stable, and I have very little unfortunate baggage.
If a woman wins my heart, she will never doubt that she has it.
Favorite TV shows: Burn Notice, White Collar, Archer, The League, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Walking Dead
Favorite Movies: The Dark Knight, The Thomas Crown Affair (remake), The Usual Suspects, James Bond, Star Wars
Music: I'm all over the place here, but I hate almost all of the new stuff coming out these days.
I just recently started reading the series A Song of Ice and Fire after hearing so much about the Game of Thrones TV series (I decided I'd rather read the books).
I'm a good match for:
- Ladies with a good sense of humor, but a reasonable sense of responsibility.
- Classy ladies with solid values (Christian girls especially).
- Ladies who care about and work on their appearance.
- Ladies who know how to properly use "your" and "you're," or "there," their," and "they're."
- Intelligent ladies with imaginations and who love to have fun.
- Ladies who like and appreciate gentlemen.
- Ladies of any age or race whose personalities are a good fit with my own.
I'm a poor match for:
- Dishonest women.
- Women who don't work to keep up their appearance.
- Women with large and/or numerous tattoos (I can overlook small ones, but I never really find any attractive).
- Women who like to spend a lot of time watching sports (I get bored doing that).
- Women with very young children or just plain lots of children, especially if they are just looking for a replacement daddy. (It's fine if you have kids--I love and respect mothers--I just don't want my assuming responsibility for them to be the first and primary goal here.)
I am single, but I am not lonely or desperate.
I am athletic, but I do not care for sports.
I am artsy, but I am not liberal.
I am a nice guy, but I don't get pushed around.
I am strong, but I'm a big softy.
I am an intellectual, but I am not boring.
I am not right for just anyone, but I am perfect for someone.