I love to travel. Whether it’s to Europe or a road trip to the central coast (where I’m from). I love knowing there's a trip in my future..
My friends would say I’m playful, fun, funny, and a smartass. I'm very positive and more often than not see the good side in everything. I’m honest to a fault.
I work out at the gym 5 days a week (TRX, weightlifting...) but I also love to be active outdoors – hiking, rafting, canoeing, snowboarding. It's important to me to find someone who is active. I would love to workout at the gym w/my significant other but it's not for everyone so that's ok. I just started running and holy crap it's so much harder than I expected and it also feels so great afterward. I'm doing my first mud run this year. Still nursing a broken wrist. Really surprising how long they take to heal.
I will never roll my eyes when you want to sit on the couch and watch sports. Well, perhaps if you do it naked and it will likely be followed by me snapping a pic and sending it to my friends with the (facetious) caption "What I catch. I'm one lucky girl!!!". But then I’ll make you snacks, put a beer and a glass in the freezer and let you be. Later I'll text you from the other room to make sure you’re enjoying yourself (though if you're still naked I'll have to rephrase that).
I don't believe in heroes (superman, batman and wonder woman being the exception). When someone does a good deed, however extraordinary, they shouldn't be seen as a hero because that just means we have a low expectation of the human race and that's really sad to me. I realize I'm in the minority here.
A few things I like, in no particular order:
- Sun, warm weather and exploring new places
- Sunday brunch or the occasional Sunday in bed drinking coffee and watching movies
- Sleeping on clean sheets for the first time after they’ve been washed
- NYC, London and the Amalfi Coast
- Peet's Coffee
- Dogs (I have two)
- Laughing so hard your side hurts and you nearly pee your pants
- Dishonesty, lack of integrity and words or acts that are mean spirited
- Poor grammar. At a minimum shouldn't everyone know the difference between "their" "there" "they're" and "it" "it's" and "you're" "your"?
- People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk, especially when there’s a bike lane! WTF?
- Learning I’ve gotten someone else’s “to go" order after I get home.
- My wet dogs jumping into my clean car and then proceeding to shake and rub their wet, little bodies all over EVERYTHING. Oh who am I kidding....it's actually sorta cute.
My DVR: 60 Minutes, Shameless, Breaking Bad, Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart, Homeland, Modern Family, Real Sports w/ Bryant Gumbel
Things I want to do:
- Mud Run
- Marathon (I daydream of doing an IronMan more than I day dream of winning the lottery)
- Learn how to golf
- Get certified to scuba dive
- Learn how to play tennis. Again.
The date that determines if you want to date: glass of wine or grab a coffee and sit outside.
The real first date: wine tasting, drinks at District then a taco truck, dinner at Boot and Shoe, Camino, Dona Tomas or A Cote. Or maybe the batting cages. I've always wanted to do that. I'll suck but who cares.
Bottom line: I'm pretty easy. I'm more impressed when I'm not trying to be impressed.