Decided to trim a lot of the fluff out of my profile...
Essentially, I'm a father of two children of whom I share custody with with their mom. My children are my life, and I would do anything for them. they do come first above and beyond anything else & those of you who are single parents out there would understand :-)
I guess rather than have the typical 'cookie cutter' profile that so many others have "I like to travel, I like to hike, blah blah blah," I'll just share a couple of highlights of mine, and what I'm looking for in your qualities to see if we have a potential match in interests.
* Raised to be a gentleman (don't believe in asking for naked pictures, or treating a woman badly or like an object, especially a stranger on a dating website). This is also something I am teaching my son this as well.
* Divorced for over three years and have done the whole 'casual dating' thing already and am now seeking a potential LTR to develop in a slow fashion with someone I know there's a true connection with. Also believe in the whole 'one woman man, and one man woman concept' too.
* Comfortable with my faith & morals as well as having God in my life. This doesn't mean that you need be, but I have based all 37 years of my life with a set of 'rules' I live by, all while respecting many different views and opinions of others as well.
* An "ISFJ" for those of you know what that means :-)
* Enjoys an occasional hike - like a day out at Hendy Woods State Park, or out at Pt. Reyes, but I'm not an experienced hiker by any means, and I'm good with that.
* Loves life, no really, I mean it - this is it, there's no second chances at this, so why not at least try to enjoy your time here? If you can't do that, then I'm sorry things have come to that point for you.
* Believes in romance/doing nice things for others/showing that I care. I'm a giver and often wear my heart on my sleeve - it's just the way I see things functioning in a healthy relationship.
* Work in what many would describe a more challenging environment (in a jail), and with that comes stress, shift work, random overtime, and just a lot of "blah." So that means on my off time, I make sure there's a clear separation and I enjoy every moment "outside of the walls."
* Have my act together, but will always be a work in progress, and do come with flaws & carry my baggage well (It fits well in the overhead compartment the last time I checked!).
* Know at this point in the game what it is you're looking for in life, have yours mostly together, but are a work in progress, come flawed, and with baggage that carries well.
* Are serious about wanting to get to know someone to see if there is true compatibility and are not simply wanting to add me to a pool of other guys all fighting for your attention and time.
* May or may not have children, but do understand that I do, and have the patience to understand what its like to be a parent and that if we were to get serious, you would not be meeting my kids right away (also means that I'm not ready to pack up and travel the world just yet either :-) ).
* Have a smile that's genuine (you may ask why, but a lot can be said about a person and how they carry their smiles, and honestly a great smile can be such a turn on as well in my opinion).
* Can appreciate the fact that there's more to life than gym/running/biking/hiking/etc...
* Are looking for someone who will push you to be the best "______" (mother/daughter/human) that you possibly can and will have your back as well.
* Don't take yourself too seriously, like to laugh, enjoy humor - even if it's dry at times, and could just picture yourself enjoying spending time with a tall bald guy! :-)
I always like to meet at a coffee shop for the first time. That way we can spend some time getting to know each other and relaxed environment & see if there's any compatibility. First meeting is success, then I will suggest a date to a place with a fun atmosphere like a pizza place. I'm a simple guy and I like doing simple things :-)