I'm pragmatic but spontaneous. Nurturing but competitive. Peaceful but energetic. I love staying up late -- whether it's watching one of my favorite tv shows, making love to my significant other or just read a good book -- but I almost always sleep in on weekends. I definitely have an adventurous streak -- whether it's trying out an exotic recipe in the kitchen, trying out a new restaurant or just taking off for the weekend without a destination.
I'd rather be with a guy who has big dreams and no money than a guy with no dreams and big money. I must admit, I like a bit of a bad boy -- not an awful, I'm-going-to-treat-you-like-crap kind of guy, but someone who's going to push me to my limits and then pull back with a warm hug at the last minute. Truth is, I'm just a nice girl (most of the time) who's looking for some fun and companionship (not necessarily in that order). I love funny guys who can hold me spellbound with a story or make me laugh until I cry. I also love creativity and passion. Maybe it's your love of '80s movies, your baseball card collection or the fact that you moved across country with only a duffel bag -- it doesn't matter. The right man not only fascinates me but also brings out the best in me. We push each other to be the greatest people we can be. We bolster each other's egos and we leave short, thoughtful love messages for each other when we're away on business trips. If you're comfortable in your own skin, have a strong sense of self and aren't afraid to expose your flaws, I'm sure we'll get along just fine. But I will say that if you've got blue eyes, are a Denver Bronco's fan, like to ride a motorcycle or you are a part-time singer/guitarist, I'm already melting.
It doesn't involve a chain restaurant, a roller coaster or a movie. It may involve eating, excitement or entertainment. It definitely involves me, you and a long, drawn-out moment where we don't want to say good night.
15 Real Reasons to Date a Nurse:
1. Nurses are compassionate and patient, and are often great listeners.
2. Nurses are super-smart. If you’re into both brains and beauty, your date can deliver.
3. Tired of nursing that hangover? Let an actual nurse work his/her feel-better magic.
4. Nurses have seen bodies of all shapes and sizes — and witnessed every kind of bodily function imaginable. Your insecurities and body quirks will likely leave your date unfazed.
5. No waiting in line. You’ll get a quick diagnosis every time you feel under the weather.
6. The uniform. It’s not just sexy on Halloween. (Translation: those scrubs just look so cute and comfy.)
7. Impressive nerves. Nurses remain calm and collected in pretty stressful situations. You want to be dating a nurse in times of emergency and chaos.
8. Nurses work long hours. So if you want a little alone time, a nurse’s crazy schedule might suit you just fine. (Also, with odd hours come odd date times. Monday afternoon might become the new Friday night.)
9. Nurses make great future parents. No pressure or anything.
10. You’ll be safe. Date a nurse and you’ve got instant access to CPR, safety advice and disease-prevention tips.
11. Awesome “How was your day?” stories. Nurses have endless tales of patient and/or doctor drama.
12. You’ll start to understand the medical jargon on your favorite medical dramas.
13. Nurses will love your thoughtful gestures. They give to others all day and can often feel unappreciated.
14. Nurses understand selflessness, one of the key ingredients to a healthy relationship.
15. Your date saves lives. That’s brag-worthy.