I grew up in the great corn state of Iowa and have lived on and off in sunny CA since 2004. As the daughter of a tie-dye wearing, Grateful Dead loving hippie father, I'm pretty much a free spirit. I'm generally up for anything; as long as I'm with good people I can make almost anything a great time. I'm a nurturer by nature :) - If my partner has a problem or an issue, I'm going to use all my conflict resolution skills and empathetic compassion to "make it all better"...or at least get as close to that as possible! I'm a former Forensicator - In college I was a four time national qualifier in Forensics (collegiate speech...nerdy, I know!) for this reason I'm a good communicator...not just the speaking, but listening as well. If need be I can set my emotions aside and have a logical discussion about what's going on, whether that be current events or issues within my relationship. I'm also pretty self aware - If there's an issue in the relationship I'm humble enough to realize the problem isn't a one way street. Like anyone, I have my faults and if they're negatively affecting my relationship I'm going to do everything in my power to remedy that.
What I'm looking for in an ideal match is pretty simple, yet seems to be quite difficult to find...I'm just looking for someone who is there physically and emotionally to the point where I consider them my best friend and vice versa.
It's a scary thing when we allow ourselves to be completely honest with ourselves about the things we want, but it's time...I think acknowledging what it is that you want is the first step in attaining it. I would say I deserve to be loved because I love myself and I challenge someone to try to do it better :) But on its most basic level, I deserve to be loved because I am ready to reciprocate the expectations that I have established for him.
- I want to trust again.
- I want to laugh with you.
- I want to learn with you.
- I want to hold your hand in public.
- I want to hold your hand when it's just us.
- I want to cook dinner with you.
- I want to debate with you (and win).
- I want to arm wrestle you (and lose).
- I want to grow with you.
- I want to take a stand with you.
- I want to give you something to look forward to.
- I want to change the world with you.
- I want to be the moon of your life until the sun rises in the West and sets in the East :) ....name that show and you'll get extra points.
I want, quite simply, to love you if for no reason other than the fact that you love me...and I deserve that.
On the other end of the spectrum, I don't want to waste your time or mine...so, a few aspects that are "deal breakers":
- You have spelling or grammatical errors in your profile: this is a static snapshot of you, proofread it!
- You're as tall or shorter than me: I want to stack the height punnett square as much in my future offspring's favor as possible.
- You're not a good communicator: I can't be with someone who's unable to discuss their feelings toward and issues with me or our relationship.
- You're unable or unwilling to carry on a discussion about current events. You're against DOMA? Perfect! =
- You're not passionate about making your piece of the world better.
- You won't walk through the door when I hold it open for you.
- You're using your HS basketball roster height on your profile and not your actual height.
- You don't tip well.
- You're anti-Oxford comma.
- You put apathy in place of empathy.
- You even remotely resemble the subject of Alanis Morissette's song "Narcissus".
- You're a bigot.
- You're only ready to make me an option quarterback and not a franchise player.
- You're Peter Pan.