Took a break from the online world for a bit to hit the reset button! Think online dating makes it easy to go from one first date to the next without giving things a chance to open up...
Here I am in a nutshell:
- Christian seeking to further my relationship with God and have faith be the center of a relationship
- From the midwest, lived on the east coast for 7 years, been here for 12 years
- Work two jobs and always on the go... planning is everything
- Downtime = Out for drinks with friends or hunkered in my (solo) apartment on the couch with a movie!
- Country, Reggae, Indie/Folk
- Church and brunch on Sundays, afternoon BBQ on a good day :)
- Calm > Crazy
- Dive bars > Intervention
- No drama > Drama (I know, but really)
- Traditional > New Age
- Passionate, compassionate, nurturing... sometimes to a fault
- Beach. Ocean. Aaahhh.
- Normal girl looking for normal relationship
- Family is my center
- Hugely appreciate a gentleman! Your efforts won't go unnoticed :)
- Yes, I live in PB. And I'm 36. There are far more reasons to live in this town than for the party... the stigma exists, but that's not my PB. :)
Felt this was important to leave in after the update:
As for my match, I'm learning more each day what "he" will encompass, but I really just want to find someone who knows what he's looking for and is willing to learn and grow together. Nobody's perfect (especially me), but I fully respect that person who will take a step back and see both sides of every story. A relationship is nothing if there is no trust; honesty is a MUST. Past relationships have taught me, among other things: communication, patience, treating your partner better than your best friend (not an emotional punching bag), respect, and acceptance. I admire anyone who has the ability to look outside themselves and apply these things to a relationship, and I try to incorporate them daily in my interactions. I go for guys who are respectful to everyone they pass, love God, have old-fashioned values, and can hold their own in a social setting. Confidence vs.cockiness is a tough thing to master.
Thanks for reading, and hope you find what you're looking for!
(Note: A closer relationship with God is something I've been pursuing more over the past few years. I'm not preachy and am no angel, but that's why I'm pursuing Him. I'd love to meet someone headed in the same direction!)