Things About ME That You Never Thought You'd Want To Know About Me!
1) I was born in Korea, went to High School in the Philippines, bounced around in between, but have always considered the California Bay Area as my HOME.
2) I’m an army brat.
3) I’m the eldest of 5 girls. And I’m still very close to all of them.
4) My absolute best friend is actually a man. I’ve known him for over 25 years and I wouldn’t trade him in for anything in the world. He’s the first & last person I talk to everyday.
5) I’ve been to many places in the world, but my Top 4 vacation spots are relatively close to home: Palm Springs, Las Vegas, Lake Tahoe, and Colorado Springs.
6) If money weren’t a factor, I would cruise my way around the world.
7) My favorite possession is my Yamaha Disklavier Baby Grand Piano, but I can’t play it. It plays itself.
8) The smartest purchase I ever made was my Prius :)
9) The men in my life have all been AWESOME cooks. I’m spoiled…I get kicked out of the kitchen fairly often.
10) Though not great in the kitchen…I’ve been told I make a mean carrot cake.
11) For someone who drinks rarely, my refrigerator shelves and kitchen cabinets are loaded with bottles of alcohol (mostly gifts).
12) I’ve come to realize I’m probably going to be a life long student. I’m always getting some new certification or license.
13) Most of my adult working life was actually in high-tech and banking. Programmer, telecommunications, software support, project management. *SIGH* The STRESS! Thank goodness it’s all behind me now…
14) Ask the men in my life…..I insist they get facials from me…but I’m usually sworn to secrecy when they actually come into my shop.
15) Same goes for waxing…lol!
16) I LOVE live music…..Broadway, theatre, local bands, symphonies…it’s all GREAT! Oh, and watch out….. I am a HUGE Barry Manilow fan !!!
17) I love trying ethnic food….trying a new nationality of food or a new restaurant is the best way to spend an evening with all my friends.
18) Shocker….I own almost 2,000 dvds. I do love my movies. Update: OK - with the advent of Netflix, the internet and such, I've decided to cleanup and simplify my collection. I've given away / donated / and sold a HUGE portion of my collection. I've whittled it down so that the few I have kept actully fit on my shelves in the living room. I keep chanting...this is a GOOD thing ...this is a GOOD thing.....this is a GOOD thing **SIGH**
19) I have no children of my own, but I am the very “cool” auntie to almost 20 nieces, nephews, and god-children.
20) My late husband was with me for almost 20 years. I might be one of the few people in the world who was actually happy the entire time.
21) I retired early as a tekkie geek from a big corporation. Right now, I just opened my own business and am doing something a lot more interesting, a lot less stressful, and much more fun.
22) The first things people usually notice about me My smile. My dimples (those blasted things!) and then my personality. Usually in that order.
23) Books - Usually anything light hearted. Trashy romance novels are fun, but you'll also find me wandering aimlessly through Barnes & Nobles reading excerpts about anything from computer languages to history to poetry. I guess it just depends on my mood of the day.
24) TV - True Blood, Spartacus, Tudors........My all time favorite TV series is Quantm Leap - it appeals to my romantic / historic / sci-fi / tekkie side. I actually have the series on dvd. It's my all-time go-to show to watch when there's nothing else to watch.
25) Movies - As long as it's not some avant garde artsy movie - I can watch almost anything.
26) Music - Everything from a classic symphony to Nickelback. Just please, no heavy, heavy metal, twangy country, or rap ! (just not my thing).
27) Food - I love, LOVE, trying different ethnic foods. I just won't purposely eat cute fuzzy things, or anything I've seen alive. So take me to a restaurant where I have to pick out my fish or lobster out of a tank - and I just may run the other way. Oh...and Hazelnuts....as much as I love the smell and taste of them - I'm allergic to them - in the rashy, hivey kind of way.
The Top 10 Things I Like in Guys:
1) You're a clean-cut, nice smelling, kind guy with a GREAT sense of humor (Kind eyes, fun laugh, and a nice smile...move to the top of the list !)
2) You like BBWs.
3) You understand that just because I'm on this site, please don't NOT assume that I'm looking for a one night stand or desperate enough to "hook up" while you swing through town once a week.
4) Be someone I'd be comfortable around & who can generally be a stellar person in social situations.
5) Although I don't mind social drinking - please be able to stop before it's too much.
6) No drugs, no smoking.
7) Safe sex/Catchy diseases. If you don't know about it/them, please educate yourself. No ifs, and, or buts about it. OK... I'm mentioning it, but please refer to #3
8) Be comfortable in a suit as well as jeans & a t-shirt (both when appropriate).
9) Please love children & animals (even though technically, I have neither).
10) Enjoy restaurants, travel, music, and fun!
I spend a lot of time thinking about one of my favorite poems/mantras written by my friend David. I guess it pretty much sums it all up for me:
"To be willing to give up everything for someone...
All your possessions,
All your ambitions.
To love someone unconditionally,
Knowing their faults,
Knowing their transgressions.
To willingly lay your life on the line
For that special someone in your life
That's when you know you've found
A love that will last a lifetime."
My closest and dearest group of friends. :) ...always ready to pick me up, slap me silly when I lose focus, hug me, and remind me that this poem is really the Holy Grail that we are all searching for. They never let me settle. (smart friends, huh?)
To get to that ever important first date, we have to start at step one: a message. As nice as it is to receive those automated "meet me" emails from the POF system, and as much as I appreciate them, I'd like to think there's a little more intent and thought going into it than just a mouse click. Just drop a note or message. It just takes a few lines (and please more than a "hi") to get me to respond........ :)
After that, the whens and wheres......that'll be something we can choose together.....
To send a message to
you MUST meet the following criteria:
Live in United States
Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
Must not do drugs
Must not smoke
roses available. Click Send Message to send
Create Your Seduction Guide.