Ive been doing this online dating thing for a while, and I need to face the truth - Im not very good at it! It seems that some folks on here are looking for a 52 year old player with six pack abs and about a billion dollars in his pocket. I wish I could write that ... Im sure it would make for great reading .... and Im sure some guys do write that kind of stuff. But that is not me .... Im too honest for that!
Family and friends are most important to me in life. Ive learned that money and opportunities come and go throughout life, but your friends and family are always there to help you when you need it. These are the ideals that I have passed down to my own children and my students, and its why I work so hard today.
I fully dont expect you to message me. I guess if I was getting 20 or 30 messages a day from people I wouldnt have to. Unfortunately real, honest guys like me often get passed over because we dont stand out among the hundreds on here trying to find a date by auto-blasting e-mails in hopes of trying to get one woman in bed.
But if youre one of the few that are reading this to actually meet someone you like, here are some of the things that make me unique.
- I love history and Im currently writing a book about an ancestor that helped to conquer the American west
- I love to travel especially the beach ... any beach
- I stay active physically At 52 Im still very competitive in golf even against the younger guys
- I love my job I have a good retirement saved up but no intention of retiring any time soon
- I love working with kids I usually spend a couple of days a week working with our underprivileged kids after school
- I have many goals in my life and I work toward them Im not a complacent person I work hard and I play hard but I do know when to take a break
- My biggest unachieved goal so far is finding the love of my life but I know she is out there and I will find her no matter how long it takes
Thats me in a nutshell If I contact you, I appreciate you taking the time to read this and would love to get to know you more because most people dont get this far : )
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
Something laid back so we can talk.