PLEASE Read before messaging me...
I'm originally from south St. Louis. I love the neighborhood. I'll get the obvious question out of the way now: SLUH. I worked at Ted Drewes for seven and a half years and actually learned a lot about how to work hard there. I’ve been fortunate to have a variety of careers that has allowed me to learn a lot along the way. I used to be in marketing for architecture firms. I was a personal trainer. I used to be an assistant GM at a boutique hotel. The best challenge was taking a guest who is having a bad stay and doing something that turns it into a great stay where they're very happy they came. Now, I work a normal M-F 8-4 job. I enjoy my nights and weekends off.
I do work some long hours – days, nights, weekends and holidays, so when I’m not working I’m usually close to home. I’m very big on fitness and living a healthy lifestyle. The person I’m looking for should share those same interests; it’s pretty much a must. I’m looking for an athletic/slim type and someone who could keep up if we went hiking or something like that. If you sit around, watch TV and eat like crap, odds are we aren’t a match. I come from a big Italian family, so I love food. All of it. I love to cook. I think presentation of food is just as much important as taste, so I make everything look good and taste good. I’ve thought about culinary school and being an executive chef. I might someday try it out, we’ll see. If you’re a vegetarian or don’t like tomatoes, it’s not a deal breaker, but don’t expect me to cut back on my big steaks if we’re out. Sushi and Mexican are my favorites, but pizza, wings seared tuna are all up there too.
I’m on here to hopefully find ‘the’ one. I’ve been told I can be picky, but I think it’s more a matter of knowing what I am looking for in someone. My parents have been divorced several times, so I can say it runs in the family. For me, I think marriage should be a one-time thing, so everything has to be there – the cliché “whole package”. I’ve dated people I was physically attracted to but the emotional connection wasn’t there; and I’ve dated people who had a great career path and we got along awesome but the physical connection was missing – but none of them worked because it wasn’t all there. I love being in a relationship and having always having someone you can rely on besides family. I am passionate about finding someone to share my life with, someone that makes me smile/happy just thinking about her. I would way more prefer to be single, however, than to be in a relationship solely for the purpose of being in one.
Now, for the Lightening Round:
• Family comes first. Period. Family will always be family but friends will come and go. I often seek advice from family members on big decisions in my life.
• I'm kind of shy at first, but once I get to know someone, I'm funny, sarcastically funny, joke around. Sarcasm is a MUST.
• I love to make people laugh and have a good time no matter what the situation is. I hate when people are down, so I'm the cheerer upper.
• I love to travel and travel often, you better too! Some of my travels include: Cabo San Lucas, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Alaska, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, Venice, Paris, London, Zurich, etc.
• I value my sleep and typically get to bed around 10 when I'm not working.
• I enjoy an occasional cigar, usually when it’s nice out and I can sit on my deck by the fire pit.
• I used to play on an indoor coed soccer team and hope to get back into it soon.
• I’m pretty awesome at movie quotes. Shawshank, Terminator any comedy, you name it, I’ll quote it.
• I live by the motto "I trust you until you give me a reason not to".... not the other way around
• I'm a believer in guys having guy time and girls having girl time. Can’t be a total clinger. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy quite nights at home on the couch, wine, cuddling, all that good stuff.
• Alive Magazine named me one of the Top 4 Most Wanted in St. Louis.
• I love dogs, don’t really like cats, but can stand them.
Hope that didn’t scare you off rather gave you a good idea of who I really am. If you want to know more just ask!