Soooo... I have read other's profiles and I have accomplished something very rare, which is marching to the beat of my own drum. Why do I say that? Here's why:
1. I don't obsess over professional sports. I can get into a football, baseball, hockey game or a fight of some kind, but my world does not stop if a game is on TV. It is more of a social thing for me. Seems like all anyone is interested in anymore is sports, clubs, hiking, or being a food truck foodie.
2. I am real. It's taken me 43 years to figure out who I am, and I love me. I would rather be loved for who I am rather than be loved for who I'm not. Yes, that meant saying goodbye to some of those I love.
3. I do not believe that perfection exists. I am perfectly imperfect and see what consider flaws as gifts. No, I do not have tourettes, nor consider herpes a gift (I don't have herpes, FYI).
4. I don't follow a particular political affiliation. Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters said it best:
"I don't believe in guilty pleasures; If you f*cking like something, like it."
5. I am not married to a career. Yes, I am employed, make my own money (legally), and am in love with my business. I don't HAVE to go to work, I GET to.
6. This "everything happens for a reason" mentality is lame. Its a cop out. If you want something, make it happen. Go for it. If you aren't able to get it now, it's a matter of time if you are willing to work for it.
7. I don't feel to go be social every single night to be seen, feel better, or feel "valid". I am very content with Chinese food and Netflix at home.
8. I can be spontaneous, however a routine suits me best. When I am kid-less for the week, then anything goes; when I am with them, it's all about them. Work hard, then play hard. Road trips up north, a nice gourmet meal, a cooking class together, whatever... with the right company, even a root canal could be fun.
9. As mentioned previously, my children are my world and they will always be my #1 on any list at any time on any day. My world changes when they are with me. I realize there must be a balance, and there is, but understand that I will always choose them first no matter what.
10. I am honest, sincere, loyal, funny as all hell, affectionate, sensitive, intelligent, attentive, reasonably attractive, and sometimes to a fault, a generous guy. BUT, people for some reason percieve kindness as weakness. I am not a wimp or a pushover or a lost little puppy at ALL.
Write me if this interests you. I am a fun guy to hang out with. I am a man and not a boy. I know how to treat a woman... Although a relationship is my ultimate goal, I want to get to know people and go from there. So, you don't have to worry about me falling 8n love with you after spending 30 minutes at a happy hour. I won't blow your phone up with voicemails and texts, nor will I sleep on your doorstep. There would be your life, my life, and OUR life.
Ok, all done.
What I love:
- BEING A DAD.
- Bittersweetly watching my kids grow up.
- The smell of rain.
- Being the reason for a smile.
- Living an active lifestyle.
- Being able to fix things.
- Agreeing to disagree.
- The arts.
- Sports (not obsessive though)
- Game nights with friends.
- The bookstore.
- Intelligent conversation/ communication about anything (except religion or politics).
I wish all on here the best of health, happiness, and the best of luck in their search for the one. Life is designed to enjoy it, not trudge through it. Participate in life, don't be spectator of it- there is too much to see. Even then, choose to learn from the bad, and do better; even fail better. Have a great day and I hope you find all that you are looking for real soon!
The only request I have in a first date/meeting is that we have some great laughs and great conversation. The location is not all that important unless we are in a burning building or something, because that would suck for both of us and we would have to leave for many obvious reasons among others (e.g. fire's hot and it burns stuff, the need to stop, make s'mores, drop and roll, etc.) Yes, fire bad.