I am a single mom with two boys that live part time with me and they are my world and will always come first and keep me busy with sports - baseball and football - there is room for that special person.. I am also a career woman who loves her job and enjoys what she does. I am looking for someone that shares the same beliefs that I have when it comes to relationships - trust, honesty, respect, companionship and eventually love. If you can't be in a relationship (in which I am the only person who are dating) or don't know what you want and/or cannot call and have conversations then I am not the woman for you. I believe in communication between two individuals and you cannot be in a relationship or get to know someone if you don't communicate.
I am not necessarily looking to get married again but if it is right I am not opposed to it. I also would like to have a relationship with someone who has already been married (not mandatory) and has kids but if you haven't and don't and won't get jealous of my time with my boys then we could be right for each other. As long as you understand what it is like in my world! This is not a deal breaker either....
But what is a deal breaker - jealously, insecurity, and playing games! I don't do well with all three items - I am not a jealous woman or insecure nor do I play games. I am confident that when you are out doing your thing that you are having fun doing whatever (so long as this does not include cheating) and when I am out with my friends that you trust me too.
I am not looking for a dad either for my boys as they have a great father who is a part of their lives and in fact we are friends and can sit next to each other at school and sport functions. However, having a partner to share ideas with, come home too, enjoy a glass of wine with, travel with, go to bed with and wake up in the morning with or to start a new family with me and my boys would be fantastic too!
I can dress up nice when needed to for an evening out but love to just wear jeans and flip flops and drink a cold beer once in awhile! I am independent and would like to remain that way but getting help from someone who cares about you and vice versus isn't bad either. To know me really though is to take me out and fire those questions away at me - I am not afraid to tell you about my past so long as you are interested in listening to what I have to say and you don't judge me.
What else am I looking for in a guy that I know exists (somewhere)....
1. Someone who doesn't talk about their ex all the time or poorly about her (we are all divorced for a reason, I get it).
2. Someone who doesn't speak poorly about their own kids.
3. Someone who talks about themselves all the time and has no interest in me, my day or what I have to say.
4. I am not materialistic and toys, homes and cars don't get me off - a secure and loving man does.
5. I also won't accept being put down, judged or getting mixed signals either. With our age who has time to play games - while I would like a man in my life I don't need one to make me happy - that comes from within.
6. There also needs to be chemistry between us both outside the bedroom and inside. Kissing is very intimate to me and one kiss can make it or break it.
7. A deal breaker is someone who doesn't chew with their mouth closed (I've seen what you are eating on your plate not interested in seeing what it looks like chewed).
I take care of myself BUT I am not a yoga or Pilates nut! I laugh hysterically when every profile says "hiking, biking, walking, running, etc." - give me a break - I am all for physical exercise but just because we live in the North Bay doesn't mean you HAVE to do these things in order to be attractive - just be honest.
Dating is hard and putting yourself out there takes guts (its not any easier for women than men). So if you send me an email and I take the time to respond or if I am the one that initiates the conversation and you don't find me attractive or like what I wrote - be a man and let me know that I am not the one. Yes, rejection is hard but it is also part of life.
So if after reading what I have wrote, still sparks your interest, send me an email and lets see where it takes us from there.
I am a fan of baseball and football as well as a good dive bar. A first date could include either seeing a game at the stadium or at a dive bar watching the game, talking and having a beer. If not a sports fan, then grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting outside on a park bench and getting to know each other will work too.