Moved here some years ago from overseas and just love Seattle; I tend to work quite a bit so my schedule can get hectic, but that's my choice because I'm currently single and I feel lazy when I'm not doing anything; even though I've had my share of living with roommates I currently live on my own; was raised very traditionally so, I guess, I am old-fashioned; music I mostly listen to is Hip Hop, [mainly '90s] R&B, Rock/Metal, music productions, and on occasion some jazz.
A lot of the women I know say I'm sweet, and the guys say I'm cool...meh, I prefer to just treat people with respect. But for the most part I'm chill, laid back, can act dork-y, and get along with just about everybody. I especially like being around people who are positive or have a lot of insight on certain things: I tend to feed off their energy and be more creative when I'm doing a project.
My life has slowed down these past years: done things, learned from them, and such (I believe that even when times seem so unfair, as long as you have faith and perseverance, things always gets better). I don't do the club/bar scene anymore, though, I will go out once in a while just to decompress - it's the simpler things in life that have more meaning to me than anything else nowadays. I do consider myself a little more of a homebody now, and I prefer to cook over ordering take-out and fast food; so I try to make it a point to eat healthier outside of just working out on a regular basis.
What do I look for in a woman, hmm... :/ Here are a few things that come to mind.
- Attraction is important, but looks aren't everything.
- I love a woman that has style; she has that confidence and class where she looks good in just about anything she wears.
- I appreciate a woman that tries to stay active and makes an effort to lead a healthy life.
- I love a woman who's considerate and caring; how she treats others helps show what her character is like to me.
- Please at least have a job and a car. If you don't have a job being in school is cool with me.
- Your family must be important in your life.
- Must love animals. Grew up in a farm-like environment when I was younger and my parents took in homeless dogs when they could, so my family had a bunch of pets running around.
- If a woman is living with other people, I'd prefer if one of those isn't an ex. :P
I don't like the idea of the both of us stressing so much, trying to say the right thing and seeming perfect gives a false perception of each other. Prefer to meet up and get to know each other casually first, then moving forward to that first date if we have a connection. Blech to movies on a first date. :P
Any comments or questions, feel free to message me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks, and good luck in what you're searching for.