- I'm happiest when the sun is shining bright and hot so I can feel its warmth on my face and I have no need for a sweater even if my arms are bare. But I can't sleep with the heat on and must have the window open wide enough for cool, fresh air to fill my room.
- I'm a political news junkie and get righteously entertained by the machinations of electoral politics.
- Progressive candidates need only apply. No Republicans or Obama haters, please!
- I'm an avid traveler and long to see more of the world, especially places that fall along or near the equator.
- I need to live in coastal cities because having an ocean near me makes me feel safe and free.
- Laughter is a must on a daily basis!
- Integrity is a must - no exceptions.
- Selflessness and generosity are qualities I'd like to share with a partner.
- I believe that love is the ultimate elixir!
- Music from the African diaspora defines my collection and soothes my soul no matter my mood or the time of day.
- I appreciate men for the special beings that they are and I love what happens when we find common ground and the ability to really communicate and "see" one another.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I would like my first date to be very simple - coffee, tea, or a glass of wine. Although I'm not really a shy person, this process is somewhat intimidating. So I would like to meet someone where I would feel safe and there would be little to no posturing - just conversation between strangers who could become friends.