Hi, I'm Robert.
I'm currently living in Santa Clara and am working for an electrical company as an apprentice electrician--my last year!
And no, not every construction worker fits the stereotype. Shame on you.
But I do wear a tool belt, steel-toe boots, and hardhat.
So, there's that.
I've been told that I'm:
Assertive yet easy going.
A good listener and supporter.
A person with strong opinions and values but doesn't push or judge.
Quirky and random at times.
Outgoing and up for most anything.
A person that people quickly feel comfortable around.
But you can decide for yourself.
What I know:
• I have a new found love of riding motorcycles.
(Update: got too c*cky and dropped my bike—avoid loose gravel in a tight turn, if you didn't already know, lol—but no worries, I'm fine and more aware [humble] because of it. Life lessons, people.)
• I like anything that allows me to be creative or work with my hands (art, writing, building, fixing, etc.), so naturally I love what I do for work.
• I've played three different sports competitively—if you don't include skateboarding or paintball.
(And I just add that as a bit of history. I definitely don't live to chase only my past accomplishments or other past-times. I'm looking ahead as I learn from the past so that I can build a better future.)
• I'm happiest with an even mix of out-and-about and relaxing at home. (Clubs/Bars haven't been my scene for awhile now, just so you're aware.)
• I tend to like movies that are unpredictable or unique (e.g. Brick, Pan's Labyrinth, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Burn After Reading).
• I enjoy coffee, m&m cookies, fresh sushi, and pretty much any vegetable as long as it's dipped in ranch.
• And I like more of a variety of music than there are flavors of ice cream.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
I'll be more impressed by you as a person than your clothes, accessories, car or the place we choose to meet at.