Looking for friends first, as you never know what might happen. But really, I'm looking for the love of my life. You must have something good to say, but also be able to put up with my blondness. You must have good manners, be socially conscious, and have a kind heart. Tolerance of sudoku, kakuro, crosswords, Scrabble, Taboo, Trivial Pursuit etc. is a must. If breakfast or brunch is your favourite meal of the day, then we could be soulmates. Bad grammar, careless spelling and lack of punctuation are turn offs. A full head of hair is a total bonus =)
A bit about me:
- Not born in Vancouver, but grew up here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Trying to stay true to my roots on the other side of the world. Speak English fluently and Mandarin semi-fluently but working on it. (A)typical Vancouver Westside girl (if I need to explain that to you, then please don't message me).
- Not a barstar, not a clubber, don't like to shop (that much). Would rather spend my time hiding out at Chapters, browsing the markets or cuddling up to the remote. Sorry, what was your first impression of me again?
- Food is integral to my life - places to eat, where to shop, what to make... I may say that I can't cook, but once I get inspired by the Food Network, you will end up as my guinea pig till I get it right.
- I don't do horror movies. If you try to convince me otherwise you'll have to live with the psychological consequences. If you show me your vast action movie collection, I will turn into putty in your arms. That, or borrow it all and never return your calls again.
- I wear heels. High heels. 70% of the time. That's why I need a strong arm to grab onto when I teeter totter. If you can't stand a girl in heels, then we're not meant to be.
- I am a dog lover - it's not like I don't like cats, just that they don't seem to like me very much.
- I am told that I am kind, compassionate, loyal, generous and more... all under a cold, hard and misleadingly shallow exterior. Family values are very important to me.
If you can tolerate all the above, feel free to message me. If not, then good luck fishing.
If you ever need a reference, my friend did write my original profile, as seen below:
I am on here looking for a man for my friend because my friend is too shy to do this and does not believe anymore that online dating is the way to meet the right person (all the info posted in this profile pertains to my friend). Please help me prove her wrong. A little bit about my friend:
She is awesome and I can't understand why she is still single.
She may come across as quiet and reserved at first but under the surface is a warm-hearted, thoughtful individual.
She has a wide range of interests and can carry on a conversation about most topics at least somewhat knowledgeably. And if at first she is not knowledgeable, she will make herself knowledgeable for the next time the topic comes up.
In the time that I've known her, we have gone camping, eaten at a ridiculous number of restaurants that have varied in price range and type of cuisine, played badminton, done countless BBQ's, gone on cross-border shopping trips, watched hockey games...the point is that she's interested in a wide range of activities and will try most things at least once (except for bungee jumping).
And finally, in case this is relevant, she's also really hot (which adds to my perplexity over why she remains single).
If my friend sounds like she might interest you, give me a shout. (I'm doing this with the full knowledge and consent of my friend and am tasked with screening.)