My goal in life is to change the world, and I swear i didn't just hear that line on a Miss Universe pageant. Honestly, it really is. I have volunteered for a lot of different causes, and one day I want to start my own non-profit organization. I'm a total do-gooder but I promise I don't wear hemp sandals and I do shower regularly.
I love baseball and basketball and think that watching the San Francisco Giants win the world series (TWICE) was pretty much a religious experience. Although it sounds corny, my family really are my best friends and I would probably hang out with them even if I didn't have to.
I love books, and movies, and politics, but I still love to drink a beer at a sports bar and watch the Celtics or the Giants dominate (and discuss the theories of Sigmund Freud while I do it!). I love to laugh and make other people laugh so if you take yourself too seriously we probably wouldn't get along....
And now: Seven (because five is too predictable and 10 is too many) totally useless facts about myself!
1. I speak fluent sarcasm, and about 50% of the stuff that comes out of my mouth is a joke.
2. I know an unnatural amount of Harry Potter trivia.
3. I have a crush on the CNN anchor Anderson Cooper. And yes, I know he's gay.
4. My bucket list is far too long and includes things like starring in an infomercial and learning to rap like Tech N9ne.
5. I want to see every inch of the entire planet before I die. So far I have been to eleven different countries so I think I'm on the right track.
6. I tend to be annoyingly optmisitic and will try anything once (spending a month in China last summer really tested that theory. Drink alcohol fermented with three different animal testicles? Sure!)
7. I believe that every minute, every second, you create your own reality...and mine is REALLY fun :)
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
Sky diving? Drive to Mexico for some really great tacos? Walk around speaking with foreign accents and see how many people ask us how we're enjoying our stay in America? (definitely done that one before). Flight of the Conchords marathon on HBO? Plan a trip to Kentucky for Lebowski fest? The only demand that I have is that if we're not laughing, we're not doing it right!