I think I have a handle on this situation. There should be only 3 types of people on this site, single, divorced and widow/er.
* Single - you have not yet met a suitable mate, your reach has always exceeded your grasp
* Divorced - you never loved your spouse and now refuse to settle or you were dumped and will never be hurt again
* Widow/er - your sorrow is deep, you now love your departed partner more than you ever did when he/she was alive and now no one will ever match up to your expectations and standards
As you review profiles on this site you:
* Only choose to pursue communication with profiles that you deem to have attractive pictures that meet or exceed your new expectations. Nearly always rejecting those whose looks are okay and only following up with those who possess physical features that you know are above your reasonable expectations
* Look for hints and clues in the words in order to exclude them from consideration, this of course happens only in close calls, if you are over whelmed with their attractiveness then you choose to ignore your instincts and proceed in the attempt to establish a relationship and end up with a player, get dumped then pissed off and start all over again
The pretty people will play the game over and over again finally becoming jaded and the rest of us will continue pursuing only those people that far exceed our grasp.
Many lonely people