Most people open with "I'm not very good at writing about myself". At this point in our lives, we should ALL know ourselves and know what we want out of it! Don't you think?!
I'm on this site to find a man who is:
* Truthful (let's start with your profile picture - please don't use a picture of Brad Pitt or George Clooney - I know who they are!!)
* Honest (but...if you say you're 60 and you're younger....then...!)
* Has good family values (children, grandchildren - love them)
* Enjoys working out
* Keeps healthy, eats healthy (heartily is ok!)
* Relatively fit (I don't have 911 on speed-dial!)
* Keeps a positive outlook - life's too short for negativity!
* Employed - that would be awesome
* A good communicator
About me -
* I enjoy wine-tasting, I like to try out new and various ethnic dishes and I love bbq-ing.
* Summer is my favourite season and all the fun stuff that go with it - Camping, swimming, hiking
* It is my intention to learn to ride a motorcycle this year - so if you have any tips, I'd love to hear them!
* Travelling is one of my most favourite things to do when I can.
* I love to play golf and being out on the course!
* My friends say that I am very understanding, patient and an excellent communicator. It would be great if you had similar qualities.
* I like to listen to what people have to say, especially when their opinion differs from mine.
* I like to dance and enjoy all types of music - not so much rap, though!
If you like what you've read and would like to find out more, please send me a message (a message with just "Hi" is a lazy introduction and I have to assume that you're either bored or disinterested and just trawling through profiles. It's lame and a turn-off - so please make an effort. Trust me, it'll go a long way!)
It says that we should write about what makes us unique. We're all unique in our own special way and I think it's important that that uniqueness remains a mystery until the other person sees it for themselves and that they come to love and value that difference.
Conversation Starters (i.e. what you'd like to do on a first date...)
First dates are usually awkward and fun at the same time, so anywhere we're both comfortable.