... are what I'm hoping to find in a relationship out in this big ocean of singles. I don't think dating is a big contest, more of a search for someone truly compatible. I feel like I've really come into my own these last few years, and am excited about the possibilities that life has to offer. I know, this probably sounds pretty cheesy, but that's truly how I feel.
I have a day job, but try to pursue my passion for writing on the side. I'm not a total weekend warrior, but I do like to strike a balance between outdoor activities, trying something new, and some times just hanging out at home or a local cafe--reading, catching up with friends, or relaxing. I love exploring and trying new things, and I think the Bay Area is such a perfect place for that.
I'm a caring and compassion person who has a goofy side and loves to laugh and learn new things. I have a big curiosity about the world we live in. Favorites include:
- Music (jazz, pop, alternative, and classical -- having been going to concerts lately)
- Design and Art
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (who lives on in comic book form)
- Movies (British Romantic Comedies, Thrillers, Dramas, Indies)
- Some TV (Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, The Good Wife, Breaking Bad, and the Wire - no longer on the air, but hands down, the best show ever)
- Dining Out (so many great choices in the Bay Rea, just checked out Off the Grid ... lots of fun)
- Reading Fiction, Non-Fiction, Self-Help. Just started reading Game of Thrones and cannot put the book down.
For a first date, I prefer a no-pressure kind of situation ... meeting up for coffee/tea or ice cream for a casual chat to see if there's a spark or mutual interest, and if not, that's okay, it's always nice to make a new friend if friendship is a possibility.