I recently moved here from Chicago and am in the (long & painful!) process of getting a business started...
I look like a gym rat without the mentality, have a wicked sense of humor (as demonstrated below ;), am confident but humble and not on drugs, prozac or parole...I promise.
I'm not really sure how else to describe myself, so I'll just give you a list of some things I'm NOT:
1. A serial dater (Not that I wouldn’t want to date a lot of chicks, I just don’t 'cause I don't want people to refer to me as a “serial dater.” Sounds too reminiscent of “serial killer.” Eww.)
2. Into the club or party scene (the terms of my parole prohibit me)
3. Perfect (but I’m so close you probably won’t be able to tell the difference)
4. An arrogant jackass (ok, maybe I’m arrogant but “jackass” is a judgment call)
5. Vegetarian, Vegan or interested in any type of diet that doesn’t include pizza at least twice a week.
6. Concerned about ridiculously superficial things like the size of your breasts (I’m much more of a “booty” man)
7. Serious about anything written above that is contained in parenthesis.
8. Going to have anyone want to message or meet me after reading this who is snooty or doesn’t have a serious sense of humor…it’s how I weed people out ;)
Feel free to message me if:
a) you are laid back, intelligent, funny, sane, fit, attractive and female
b) you have nothing better to do
c) someone tries to take you prisoner while you happen to be checking out my profile. I'll call 911 right after I've looked at my facebook and checked a few scores on ESPN.com
d) you are a person of extreme intelligence and impeccable character (or just really, really HOT...;)
e) you are 5'4" but only date guys who are 5'10" or above because you like to wear 6 inch heels. If your footwear and how you look in them are more important to you than the quality of the people you date, do message me because I know a good divorce attorney and you're gonna need one someday.
f) you are 30+ and still into the club scene. I'll hook you up with my 21 year old nephew. You'll probably have a lot in common.
OK, now on to the (mostly) serious stuff...
I actually listen when people speak and my favorite topics of conversation don't include myself.
I'm open to platonic friendships as well as long-term relationships if things go in that direction.
Physical attraction is important to me but I learned a long time ago that you can't build a relationship based on it (as fun as it may be to try ;). I do like a woman who is beautiful and fit. But she also needs to be down to earth and care about the people and world around her.
I tend to not be very compatible with alpha type women or those who are strongly opinionated about everything under, inside of, and above the sun and feel that everyone is entitled to hear those opinions. :) I'm also not into divas, glamour queens or money obsessed types.
I don't have much experience at the online dating thing but I know that I much prefer meeting in person to exchanging 26 emails followed by 9 hours of IMing and then 5 hours of talking on the phone before even considering meeting face to face. We'll be able to tell more about each other in 5 minutes together at Starbucks than through all the other stuff.
One last note: If we are exchanging messages and all you give me is a one-word or otherwise curt reply, I'll take that to mean that the conversation is over. If you're not going to put some thought and effort in, neither am I. :P
You know what they say about first dates - you're not actually meeting the person, you're meeting their representative ;) Getting through all of the behavior designed to create a good impression takes a while...
So the best kind of first date to me is something simple with no pressure or expectations, where we can talk and at least try to get an idea of what the other one is like...meet for coffee, have lunch, or something on the lazy side like meeting at the beach and talking while we lay around like walruses in the sun...etc.
As long as you don't feel the need to bring up your past relationships/sexual experiences or text/tweet/skype while we're together, we should get along fine.