Let's be upfront, Lust (the strong raw desire) is the first trigger when we see someone in a social setting.
It's a draw of some kind. It's hard to stave off and comes and goes easily. Friendship has to be given a chance along with Lust. Love (the unconditional touching of the soul at the core of everything we value - everything we’re vulnerable to), Lust, and Friend are needed for a real relationship to survive. If any one of them are missing, a person will seek it elsewhere and the relationship will fail.
Love needs trust and trust comes through developing a friendship. Friendship is someone who knows your secrets, laughs and plays with you without taking it personal, comes to your aide when needed, accepts and embraces "all" of you - your lifestyle, friends, family...they're your comrade in arms. Friendship isn't tied to the emotional trials of Love and Lust and can separate them.
With online dating, I find many rush into the relationship destroying what might have been a good thing. I have learned the hard way and I'm not looking to rush into anything in my life. Though I am looking for that woman who will touch my soul, I plan to go very slow as I'm very cautious and selective. I am looking for a partner willing to work the delicate balance of lust while growing a friendship. Someone outgoing and happy doing almost anything life has to offer yet well grounded, humbled, and a caregiver like me...not a co-dependent. Someone who can share laughter yet humble enough to share their disappointments. Someone who can share past memories and create new ones to cherish. Someone who wants to work as a team at whatever life throws at us knowing we each have the others back...someone looking for the fun, security, and stability of a strong relationship I can offer.
MORE ABOUT ME:
- Love my job, love my home, financially stable, secure, handyman for almost anything
- A caregiver...I wear my heart on my sleeve and readily give my trust upfront.
- Love helping others even for the littlest of things asking for nothing in return, especially those less fortunate and in need
- Honest, straight forward, sense of purpose, determined but patient, not stressing
- Loyal, stable. Once committed, I'm committed. I never stray. Integrity in the relationship is everything to me
- Not one to be jealous or make one jealous. I trust in the person without strings and sensitive to their need of me to be trustworthy
- Love any outdoor venue, any season. Beach, mountains, wine fests, concerts
- Love making others laugh and having fun. I try waking up everyday with something to smile and laugh about. If a smile is the first thing you do everyday and share with others, then the rest of the day will be smiles
- A die hard optimist...believing you can means you're half way there. There's always a positive side to everything and two sides to every story
- Every day is an adventure with a sprinkle of spontaneity...definitely not a couch potato unless it is with my woman in my arms
- I enjoy stimulating, exciting, engaging and sometimes intellectual conversations...there are always different perspectives and new things to learn
- Hopeless romantic...never stop dating your wife and never stop flirting with your husband
- Believe relationships should never come in between or at the expense of your kids, family, or friends...they should naturally blend over time
- Family and Friends orientated - Family 1st